• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A really big day for Wargame Design Studio
11-19-2021, 11:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-19-2021, 11:11 PM by ComradeP.)
RE: A really big day for Wargame Design Studio
I was a bit worried about the future of JTS/WDS, even after early reassurances that there would be one, when no WDS blog posts were made after the release of Kiev '43.

This most certainly is the best news of the last few months on the wargaming front. All JTS/WDS design teams concentrated under the WDS banner. Hopefully without any of the teams deciding the move wasn't for them.

Though I'm not yet sure how I feel about the John Tiller name no longer being used, consolidation is a good move from a business perspective.

Porting the blog posts on the previous WDS website over might be a good idea prior to having the old website redirect to the new website.

The same goes for information on upcoming titles, such as Panzer Battles: Moscow.

To support the endeavour, I purchased Forgotten Campaigns even though I'm not a pre-20th century wargamer on this scale.

The order confirmation ended up in the junk folder, maybe there's something in the message that somehow seems fishy to the mail client algorithms. Aside from the download being surprisingly large, much larger than PzC games usually are, it's going well.

The PzC update files are also quite big. The downloads still seem to be on the "old" website (wargamedesignstudio in full), though they were never there before as far as I know. That is: we always downloaded them from JTS previously, but maybe this is the developer file storage you used internally.

The change to alt assault, attacks on vehicles and attacks other hard targets being treated differently, was discussed on the forum a while ago as one of the options to solve the issues with alt assault, and I think it's a good solution. It also restores the value of low hard attack/high assault value units including vehicles such as flamethrower-equipped tanks.

I'm looking forward to what the future brings. Thank you for moving the hobby forward David and team!
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A really big day for Wargame Design Studio - by ComradeP - 11-19-2021, 11:08 PM