• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
A really big day for Wargame Design Studio - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tiller Operational Campaigns (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: A really big day for Wargame Design Studio (/showthread.php?tid=75027)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

A really big day for Wargame Design Studio - Strela - 11-19-2021

Hi Everyone,

We  hope you are excited about the following as we are...!

WDS News

Let us know,

David

RE: A really big day for Wargame Design Studio - Fhil - 11-19-2021

That sounds great!!! Looking forward to check this all out once coming home from work Big Grin  
A small Christmas already in November  Helmet Smile

RE: A really big day for Wargame Design Studio - KAreil - 11-19-2021

(11-19-2021, 09:07 PM)Strela Wrote: Hi Everyone,

WDS News

Let us know,

David

What a bomb you are dropping now...  Helmet Smile
I love to hear that the JT franchise is in your very capable hands now.

Looking forward for more regular blog posts now  Helmet Wink

(Just have to tell the wife and kids that dad will stay in the basement this weekend..."updating his catalogue"...  Big Grin2 )

RE: A really big day for Wargame Design Studio - Fhil - 11-19-2021

(11-19-2021, 09:32 PM)KAreil Wrote:
(11-19-2021, 09:07 PM)Strela Wrote: Hi Everyone,

WDS News

Let us know,

David

What a bomb you are dropping now...  Helmet Smile
I love to hear that the JT franchise is in your very capable hands now.

Looking forward for more regular blog posts now  Helmet Wink

(Just have to tell the wife and kids that dad will stay in the basement this weekend..."updating his catalogue"...  Big Grin2 )

You have a basement at least, I am directly in the light left to their neverending amusement about me staring at some kind of map on my screen where nothing happens except for some strange sounds Big Grin

RE: A really big day for Wargame Design Studio - Xerxes77 - 11-19-2021

Wow, amazing. A bit bummed to see that SB has been relegated to the back burner, but excited at the possibilities for the rest of the series that will be getting a lot of love.

Question: will the 3D view in ACW and others still use the hand-drawn maps, or are we talking a new 3D tileset?

RE: A really big day for Wargame Design Studio - Strela - 11-19-2021

(11-19-2021, 09:59 PM)Xerxes77 Wrote: Wow, amazing. A bit bummed to see that SB has been relegated to the back burner, but excited at the possibilities for the rest of the series that will be getting a lot of love.

Question: will the 3D view in ACW and others still use the hand-drawn maps, or are we talking a new 3D tileset?

Hi there,

Squad Battles is not on the back burner! We just ran out of time to do what we wanted to do. If all goes the way we want, there will be a lot more done with this series.

Have a look at the changes we have done on Strategic War to get an idea of what we can do with some less than optimal software.

We have so much development planned across the board, we just have to prioritise it all. A lot of what you are seeing has been done in just the last couple of months and we need a little breather before picking up the next series.

As far as ACW , all the hand drawn maps are included as well as a new 3D tiles etc. You can turn the hand drawn maps on or off in the settings. So hopefully all will get the best of all worlds.

The same 2D/3D is now standardised across the pre 20th century series, namely Civil War Battles, Napoleonic's, Early American War and Musket & Pike. There are differences in buildings etc, but we are trying to align them as they are all similar scales.

David

RE: A really big day for Wargame Design Studio - Mr Grumpy - 11-19-2021

Hi David,

This is fantastic news that WDS is going to carry JTS legacy forward into the future!

Can you provide any more flesh on the changes to the Alternate Assault Rule in PzC/PzB?

I am assuming the change will address the issue that if you select this rule with the intention of making amour more difficult to assault with infantry it doesn't have the unintended consequence of making a bunker/pillbox hex's very difficult/impossible to take?

RE: A really big day for Wargame Design Studio - LordDeadwood - 11-19-2021

This is freakin' awesome! Gorgeous website, congratulations! All titles updated, just skimming through some of the changes, kind of blowing my mind! Christmas in November indeed! Thanks guys!  Salute4 Salute4 Salute4

RE: A really big day for Wargame Design Studio - Strela - 11-19-2021

(11-19-2021, 10:12 PM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: Hi David,

This is fantastic news that WDS is going to carry JTS legacy forward into the future!

Can you provide any more flesh on the changes to the Alternate Assault Rule in PzC/PzB?

I am assuming the change will address the issue that if you select this rule with the intention of making amour more difficult to assault with infantry it doesn't have the unintended consequence of making a bunker/pillbox hex's very difficult/impossible to take?

Hi,

The rule change for AAR is that units in bunkers are not considered hard targets, as it was previously - only vehicles are hard targets  for AAR. This means that units will always use their assault values when attacking a bunker and it brings engineers/infantry back to where they should be when assaulting fortifications. It had got ludicrous where tanks were the unit type of choice for assaulting fortifications, to the detriment of infantry.

I can tell you that the assault code is some of the most labyrinth you can ever imagine and we did also resolve some pretty significant 'bugs' when reviewing it. There is three weeks of my life that I will never get back  Helmet Rolleyes

David

RE: A really big day for Wargame Design Studio - Xerxes77 - 11-19-2021

(11-19-2021, 10:12 PM)Strela Wrote: Hi there,

Squad Battles is not on the back burner! We just ran out of time to do what we wanted to do. If all goes the way we want, there will be a lot more done with this series.

Have a look at the changes we have done on Strategic War to get an idea of what we can do with some less than optimal software.

We have so much development planned across the board, we just have to prioritise it all. A lot of what you are seeing has been done in just the last couple of months and we need a little breather before picking up the next series.

As far as ACW , all the hand drawn maps are included as well as a new 3D tiles etc. You can turn the hand drawn maps on or off in the settings. So hopefully all will get the best of all worlds.

The same 2D/3D is now standardised across the pre 20th century series, namely Civil War Battles, Napoleonic's, Early American War and Musket & Pike. There are differences in buildings etc, but we are trying to align them as they are all similar scales.

David

That is just fantastic news David, really, Christmas truly came early this year Smile