• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A really big day for Wargame Design Studio
11-19-2021, 10:19 PM,
RE: A really big day for Wargame Design Studio
(11-19-2021, 10:12 PM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: Hi David,

This is fantastic news that WDS is going to carry JTS legacy forward into the future!

Can you provide any more flesh on the changes to the Alternate Assault Rule in PzC/PzB?

I am assuming the change will address the issue that if you select this rule with the intention of making amour more difficult to assault with infantry it doesn't have the unintended consequence of making a bunker/pillbox hex's very difficult/impossible to take?

Hi,

The rule change for AAR is that units in bunkers are not considered hard targets, as it was previously - only vehicles are hard targets  for AAR. This means that units will always use their assault values when attacking a bunker and it brings engineers/infantry back to where they should be when assaulting fortifications. It had got ludicrous where tanks were the unit type of choice for assaulting fortifications, to the detriment of infantry.

I can tell you that the assault code is some of the most labyrinth you can ever imagine and we did also resolve some pretty significant 'bugs' when reviewing it. There is three weeks of my life that I will never get back  Helmet Rolleyes

David
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A really big day for Wargame Design Studio - by Strela - 11-19-2021, 10:19 PM