• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Slow Pacing in Panzer Campaigns?
08-27-2021, 09:17 AM,
RE: Slow Pacing in Panzer Campaigns?
I am playing Kiev now, as Soviets. It has been soft since the start of the battle - the first campaign. I believe all of my infantry can move 2 hexes in clear level terrain, and the elevation cost is small so even then at least C quality can manage 2 hexes with a climb.

But I agree even that is a bit boring, mostly because I can't move a hex and assault. I am okay with it myself but understand why it isn't liked too.
[Image: exercise.png]
Quote this message in a reply
08-27-2021, 06:25 PM,
We are playing the campaign covering the 4th invasion of Serbia, after 40ish moves a storm moves in and lasts 30 moves leaving behind mud conditions that only slowly improve to soft and then (I hope) back to normal, it can be tedious to move units only one hex, but for the historical flavour of the game I am happy to put up with it, however if you are playing PzC and are expecting to see lots of "cut and thrust" then I can see why you might get frustrated.

If my failing memory serves me correct I seem to remember S42 has a range of scenarios set in both dry/normal conditions and also in storm/snow conditions giving you both ends of the movement scale.

There are a lot of titles featuring scenarios where weather has little or no effect on movement, as there is zero chance the movement rates or time scales in PzC will be altered then it would be best to stick to them if you want to play a fast moving PzC game.  Smile
08-27-2021, 08:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-27-2021, 09:11 PM by Kool Kat.)
(08-27-2021, 06:25 PM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: There are a lot of titles featuring scenarios where weather has little or no effect on movement, as there is zero chance the movement rates or time scales in PzC will be altered then it would be best to stick to them if you want to play a fast moving PzC game.  Smile

Hey Darran:  Smoke7

Thank you for the interjection of rationality into this thread!  Smile

Horse5
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
08-29-2021, 01:27 AM,
Been playing on and off since 2005 and have never had a problem with movement.
cheers
08-29-2021, 02:22 AM,
Mr Grumpy Wrote: [url=https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/showthread.php?pid=445923#pid445923][/url]

There are a lot of titles featuring scenarios where weather has little or no effect on movement, as there is zero chance the movement rates or time scales in PzC will be altered then it would be best to stick to them if you want to play a fast moving PzC game.  [Image: smile.gif]

I'm with Mr Grumpy I think it is what it is at this stage and for me it's the finest system of it's kind out there. Not everyone likes everything but overall it works and they keep on producing such fine games that we continue to play year after year. Long may that continue
09-01-2021, 02:29 AM,
(08-25-2021, 05:17 AM)76mm Wrote: Am I the only one to feel like this?  Has any thought been given to increasing movement somehow?

You ought to try the Modern Campaigns series. Plenty of mobility!

I'm relatively new to the PzC series but I've sunk my teeth into the Japan titles and currently preoccupied with SeaLion. What I've found in these WW2 settings is that the going is much slower and the attrition is higher. I find myself exploiting main roads whenever and wherever I can to see my formations make significant progress before day's end. I use recon units to probe roads and then I push units through.

I do recall playing a scenario in Smolensk '41 where my German units were able to make significant progress towards the opposite side of the map and trapping the Russians with ease. Alas, there were lots of roads and favorable weather.
09-07-2021, 04:11 AM,
(08-29-2021, 01:27 AM)lezgo killemall Wrote: Been playing on and off since 2005 and have never had a problem with movement.

Me neither.  jonny Mex Big Grin
09-08-2021, 02:23 AM,
(09-07-2021, 04:11 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote:
(08-29-2021, 01:27 AM)lezgo killemall Wrote: Been playing on and off since 2005 and have never had a problem with movement.

Japan'45...Movement!!!! hahahaha oh those rice paddies, crappy roads ...then add in  Fanatics Waiting
09-08-2021, 04:19 AM,
(09-08-2021, 02:23 AM)Tempest5 Wrote:
(09-07-2021, 04:11 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote:

Japan'45...Movement!!!! hahahaha oh those rice paddies, crappy roads ...then add in  Fanatics Waiting

Ah, fanatics. No Japanese unit of any size ever surrendered in this war.  jonny