• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

What JTS PzC title to choose for beginner ?
02-01-2021, 05:36 AM,
RE: What JTS PzC title to choose for beginner ?
I would also recommend Smolensk. Most of the other East Front games that I've played have a lot of fortifications which can make those games kind of a slog.
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2021, 07:42 AM,
I only played this briefly, against the AI, but there does not seem to be a lot of fortifications in Kharkov '43. It looks like a battle of maneuver. Hopefully players with more experienced can chime in.
02-01-2021, 10:36 AM,
As  person who has played these since Smolensk 1st came out pick a game that interests you the most then get other titles that you think you would like but if your like most of us here you will end up with all of them.
02-01-2021, 02:09 PM,
Yes, I think that Kharkov 42 and Kharkov 43 are also pretty mobile, although I don't have either.
02-01-2021, 03:48 PM,
I don't have Kharkov 43, but have Kharkov 42. There are a couple reasonably mobile scenarios, but most that I've looked at will involve having to grind through prepared defenses the first few turns. Something I like about Kharkov 42 is that both sides get their chance at a major attack.

Agree with Landser - it's not so much a question of which one to get, but "which one will I get this time" :)
02-02-2021, 02:08 AM,
Also, check out the Modern Campaigns games, particularly NGP'85.