• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

What JTS PzC title to choose for beginner ?
01-29-2021, 12:35 PM,
What JTS PzC title to choose for beginner ?
Hi everybody, 

I'm a 25 years old french lover of strategics games who wants to go deeply into wargames. I'm new to the universe of JTS games and i want to discover the Panzer Campaings games, but I realised that there is a lot of titles in this serie. 

Any recomandation for beginner ? 

My preferences would be the following:

-WWII title (with a preference on eastern campaign, but opened to some great others battlefields)
-Good representation of German OOB (yes i like germans)
-Good amount of scenarios and campaigns
-the most tactical/strategic (that allows some maneuver/trap and challenge skill)

Thx in advance ;)
Quote this message in a reply
01-29-2021, 02:18 PM,
RE: What JTS PzC title to choose for beginner ?
(01-29-2021, 12:35 PM)sebansky777 Wrote: Hi everybody, 

I'm a 25 years old french lover of strategics games who wants to go deeply into wargames. I'm new to the universe of JTS games and i want to discover the Panzer Campaings games, but I realised that there is a lot of titles in this serie. 

-WWII title (with a preference on eastern campaign, but opened to some great others battlefields)
-the most tactical/strategic (that allows some maneuver/trap and challenge skill)

Thx in advance ;)

If you like the Germans at their prime, and the East Front as a theater then go with the original Smolensk 41, the first title in the series.  After 20 odd years it’s still my favorite East Front title.  Great sweeping fluid mobile operations and desperate defenses.  Grand stuff.
01-29-2021, 06:54 PM,
Mius 43 is a free demo with 3 scenarios, so I’d get that first. Currently Salerno 43 is on sale for $29.95. I’d also consider Smolensk 41, Moscow 41, Kharkov 42 & 43 and Stalingrad 42, oh and Kursk 43.
01-29-2021, 10:13 PM,
Thx for the answers guys.

I'm a huge fan of the battle of stalingrad so maybe i'll go for it.

But another question: how do you know when these titles where released ? Cause on the JTS site, it doesnt show show the date of release of each title. Are they already ordered by date of appareance ?
01-29-2021, 11:16 PM,
(01-29-2021, 10:13 PM)sebansky777 Wrote: Thx for the answers guys.

But another question: how do you know when these titles where released ? Cause on the JTS site, it doesnt show show the date of release of each title. Are they already ordered by date of appareance ?

Hi sebansky,
Re: release dates, the JTS site further divides the PzC titles by theater, which doesn't help. At least they *are* sorted chronologically within each theater.

But your best bet is probably this Wikipedia article, which includes release dates for each game in the series. Can't say if they're all correct, but it's something  Smile
01-29-2021, 11:41 PM,
(01-29-2021, 10:13 PM)sebansky777 Wrote: Thx for the answers guys.

When it comes to JTS games, release date means squat other than you know it is available.  Updates are provided periodically, usually, after a new title is released.  With these updates, it's like every title was just released.
01-30-2021, 01:52 AM,
Thx guys for the infos and links, you rock !

Now, it's time to learn, practice, and have some fun.

Then i'll try some PBEM games ;)

Thx, have a good day !
01-30-2021, 05:16 AM,
Welcome to the world of JTS games!!  Big Grin
01-30-2021, 11:37 AM,

Thx in advance ;)

I don't think Stalingrad would be your best choice if you want manoeuvring. From memory there is a fair amount of fighting in fortifications, although I haven't played it much. Nearly everybody tends to suggest Smolensk as the most fluid EF title.
02-01-2021, 04:11 AM,
(01-30-2021, 11:37 AM)CountryBoy Wrote:

Thx in advance ;)

I don't think Stalingrad would be your best choice if you want manoeuvring. From memory there is a fair amount of fighting in fortifications, although I haven't played it much. Nearly everybody tends to suggest Smolensk as the most fluid EF title.

I did'nt buy it yet so i take your advice into consideration. Thx   Helmet Wink