• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Skill Level Rule
01-04-2021, 10:49 PM,
Skill Level Rule
I'd like to clarify something I heard yesterday and that is the skill level for CMX2 and I assume CM ModernX2 battles should be set to IRON. Is this indeed a rule to be followed by everyone in every battle logged here?
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2021, 12:59 AM,
RE: Skill Level Rule
The rule is the skill level should be set to iron, unless otherwise agreed with your opponent. If you both agree to use a different skill level, then all is fine.
Send this user an email
01-05-2021, 01:27 AM,
(01-05-2021, 12:59 AM)raz_atoth Wrote: The rule is the skill level should be set to iron, unless otherwise agreed with your opponent. If you both agree to use a different skill level, then all is fine.

Great! I can certainly work with that.
01-05-2021, 08:10 AM,
Elite is the way :-)

I nearly always ask and usually people are agreeable. I have a few regular opponents I know really like Iron, for them I go with their flow since I don't hate Iron, I just prefer a simpler life. Personally I would consider a request for Warrior after making the case for Elite but anything lower than that would be a no go for me. I can tolerate some icon display annoyances and some extra clicking but as soon as you start messing with artillery call times I'm not interested any more. A big part of the game is trying to time hitting your opponent and trying not to get blasted yourself. As soon as the times are shorter all of that gets harder - or at least different enough to mess with your learning.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
01-08-2021, 08:07 AM,
Thanks for getting back with me. What're the annoyances and extra clicking you're referring to?

"I can tolerate some icon display annoyances and some extra clicking but as soon as you start messing with artillery call times I'm not interested any more."
01-08-2021, 01:43 PM,
In Iron the advantage is every unit needs to be spotted so you can tell how many friendly units your own teams can see. However that also means that if you have a unit selected you cannot see many / all of your other units. It becomes a click fest to figure out what is going on.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)