• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Dirty Little Secret?
01-06-2021, 10:41 PM,
RE: Dirty Little Secret?
(01-06-2021, 09:24 PM)Embis Wrote: For me to be happy someone who has the artistic skills to redo some/many of the portraits would be ideal. I would love to see the improved portraits that  Xerxes77  has been working on for Spanish Civil war.

Sorry, that was some awkward wording on my part-- I wish I had those skills myself! What I meant to say was that I had restored the stock SCW portraits for the unit cards and to me they look much better and have a more consistent style than the ones from PW (I would still use the PW portraits, ugly and all. IMO the card art should be evocative and reflect the period; I find the top down version unacceptable for this purpose).

That said, I *have* put some work on the SCW topdown graphics for the counters to ensure that:
- Flags are correctly assigned to factions (they are inverted in game, i.e. Republicans have Nationalist flags and vice versa, already addressed by Warhorse's interim patch)
- Leaders are represented by one guy (this has required minimal .oob modifications, may require more work for other titles)
- The uniform colors for each type of troop are consistent with the portrait view.
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2021, 01:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-07-2021, 01:23 AM by Embis.)
RE: Dirty Little Secret?
I am with you Xeres, yes, that sounds like what I have done as well. It works for me.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
Quote this message in a reply