• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Dirty Little Secret?
12-19-2020, 12:05 AM,
Dirty Little Secret?
Hi Gents! 

As a frequent participant of this forum, and an avid SqB player, I thought I might share something.  

*******CAUTION******

The following is NOT sanctioned by JTS or any official or even knowledgeable authority 

I have noticed that some are not real happy with the top-down mods officially  released by the company not too long ago.  Well, I never updated my existing games to the top-down mod, and they work just fine in PBEM with opps who have installed the most recent mod.  

Just saying, is all. 

Cheers and Merry Christmas! 

Steve
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-2020, 12:14 AM,
RE: Dirty Little Secret?
Yeah. I wish I had never pressed the update button. Too late now. I no longer have the old installers.
12-19-2020, 03:31 AM,
(12-19-2020, 12:05 AM)Stejones82 Wrote: Hi Gents! 

As a frequent participant of this forum, and an avid SqB player, I thought I might share something.  

*******CAUTION******

The following is NOT sanctioned by JTS or any official or even knowledgeable authority 

I have noticed that some are not real happy with the top-down mods officially  released by the company not too long ago.  Well, I never updated my existing games to the top-down mod, and they work just fine in PBEM with opps who have installed the most recent mod.  

Just saying, is all. 

Steve

Would love if you could put the images in a zip folder for each game for those who don't have them.
Send this user an email
12-19-2020, 05:54 AM,
(12-19-2020, 03:31 AM)Ashcloud Wrote:
(12-19-2020, 12:05 AM)Stejones82 Wrote: Hi Gents! 

*******CAUTION******

Just saying, is all. 

Steve

Would love if you could put the images in a zip folder for each game for those who don't have them.

Or the installers. I still have my SB serial numbers. I have AOTR, Eagles, FWW, RV and WW.
12-19-2020, 06:40 AM,
c_Question Mark  RE: Dirty Little Secret?
Has anyone tried downloading the old updates over at HPS and unzipped the download files into a folder to see if the "old" portrait images are included?

https://www.hpssims.com/Pages/Updates/up_SB/up_SB.asp
12-30-2020, 07:40 PM,
(12-19-2020, 06:40 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: Has anyone tried downloading the old updates over at HPS and unzipped the download files into a folder to see if the "old" portrait images are included?

https://www.hpssims.com/Pages/Updates/up_SB/up_SB.asp

I just checked the HPS Eagles Strike update some, but not all the relevant graphics were updated, not enough to make it worthwhile downloading. I haven't checked the other games in the series but I imagine the same will be true for those too.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
01-02-2021, 12:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-02-2021, 12:30 PM by Scaz.)
I'm not a fan of the top down graphics either especially since the graphic (vehicle, weapon, etc) doesnt change facing.  I think if it did, I would be a fan of it as I am an ASL player.

Luckily, I made backups of all of my "MAP" files before updating.
01-02-2021, 02:24 PM,
Yup, to each his own!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
01-02-2021, 03:08 PM,
I have the last installer of AOTR, ES and RV before the update.
Do I hear $200 each! Canadian.....(That's a deal BTW)

Seriously, when they broke the game, I quit playing.
01-03-2021, 05:41 AM,
(01-02-2021, 03:08 PM)bigus Wrote: I have the last installer of AOTR, ES and RV before the update.
Do I hear $200 each! Canadian.....(That's a deal BTW)

Seriously, when they broke the game, I quit playing.

Well, to each his own, but you are missing out on Blitzkrieg, desert warfare and more now.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/