• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Spanish Civil War OOB editor problem
12-18-2020, 12:15 AM,
RE: Spanish Civil War OOB editor problem
(12-17-2020, 08:19 PM)Xerxes77 Wrote:
(12-17-2020, 08:13 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Uploaded the patch to JTS.

Thank you, Warhorse! (Newbie question: I assume you work for JTS?) How long until we see the patch available for download?

I am going to post the interim patch up above in mods section, Rich Hamilton will post the official patch at the JT software site as soon as he is able. His job takes a lot of his time up, and I don't have access to all that! This will do the trick, is essentially the same files I sent !
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2020, 12:21 AM,
(12-18-2020, 12:15 AM)Warhorse Wrote: I am going to post the interim patch up above in mods section, Rich Hamilton will post the official patch at the JT software site as soon as he is able. His job takes a lot of his time up, and I don't have access to all that! This will do the trick, is essentially the same files I sent !

Awesome, thank you! Smile
12-18-2020, 12:30 AM,
(12-18-2020, 12:21 AM)Xerxes77 Wrote:
(12-18-2020, 12:15 AM)Warhorse Wrote: I am going to post the interim patch up above in mods section, Rich Hamilton will post the official patch at the JT software site as soon as he is able. His job takes a lot of his time up, and I don't have access to all that! This will do the trick, is essentially the same files I sent !

Awesome, thank you! Smile

You are welcome, glad it was an easy fix, for a change! Posted up under the SB Third party mods section, enjoy!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

12-18-2020, 05:18 AM,
(12-18-2020, 12:30 AM)Warhorse Wrote: You are welcome, glad it was an easy fix, for a change! Posted up under the SB Third party mods section, enjoy!

Hi Warhorse, I guess I get to be "that guy" (sorry!) and point out one minor issue with the new patch. With the correction of the flags, we lost some information: the uniform colors associated with each unit, which Richie kept in his top-down chits based on the original unit graphics.

The problem is that the flag fix altered the coordinates of the units in the Units.bmp file, and as a result uniform colors across the board.

An example of this: the "Requetes" troops should all wear red berets. If you fire up the "Alto de Leon III" scenario, you should expect to see all the top-down units with red heads. This is because the original .oob uses only images of troops with red berets, as the scenario designers intended (another good example: all Piquetes units in "NAT-Tercio Requetes.oob" originally used all red-berets graphics).

Richie designed his top-down Units.bmp so that the uniforms matched the original images, i.e. this guy:
[Image: unitBig.png]

turned into these guys with the 1.03 version
[Image: Unitsmall.png]

but now after the flag fix they appear like this (colors belonging to a different unit):
[Image: Unitsmallnew.png]

All these share the same relative position in their respective Units.bmp, 2dUnits100 and 2dUnits50 versions.

I quickly realized modifying each one of the .oobs so that they pointed to the correct unit graphics would be a VERY time-consuming task, so I solved the problem locally by recovering Richie's original (wrong flags) Units.bmp & 2dunits files and swapping the flags manually using a graphics program. That way I didn't have to mess with any .oob; it was done within the hour and I'm actually happy with the results.

I know this is a minor issue and will likely bother VERY few people so it may not be worth putting out another hot fix, but I just wanted to document the issue and offer my modded files in case someone finds it useful.
12-18-2020, 05:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-18-2020, 05:55 AM by Warhorse.)
Please send me your files, see what I can do! Are you sure they line up with the units.dat file? That is what I went by. I never had the version with the portraits, so was unaware they were matched. When I went through and hit the default pics in each oob, that is what jumbled the results, there were units in scenario's with different flags in the other nation!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

12-18-2020, 06:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-18-2020, 06:21 AM by Xerxes77.)
(12-18-2020, 05:42 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Please send me your files, see what I can do! Are you sure they line up with the units.dat file? That is what I went by. I never had the version with the portraits, so was unaware they were matched. When I went through and hit the default pics in each oob, that is what jumbled the results, there were units in scenario's with different flags in the other nation!

Yes, the units.dat seems to work fine! I agree that the default pics must have changed everything around, which is why I opted for keeping the original .oobs and instead just fixing the flags in the .bmps so as not to alter the visual representation of the units on each scenario. Just sent you a PM with the zip!
12-18-2020, 09:19 AM,
Well, after wasting a few hours correcting all the graphic errors using the new fix Charles gave me, having loaded a set of oob's in by JSGME. Exited, loaded it again in JSGME just to check, and wow, nice, none of it took because of the damn backup feature! So, the fix will be delayed until I have a few more hours to waste going through all 58 damn scenario's. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

12-19-2020, 11:55 PM,
Ok, the SCW Flag Fix is up again, this time it's good, sorry about that!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue