• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Spanish Civil War OOB editor problem
12-16-2020, 04:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-16-2020, 04:52 AM by neonlicht.)
Spanish Civil War OOB editor problem
The game's latest patch now has the "Topdown Units Mod" as default, and when you add Leaders & Teams in the OOB Editor, the topdown-graphic chits have little flags on them to show if they're Republican or Nationalist. 

Thought I'd make a custom scenario to play against the AI for my own amusement. I opened the OOB Editor and started a custom OOB (Republican v Nationalist battalions). However, although I was able to add Nationalist-flag chits (Leaders & Teams) to the custom OOB, I was not able to add Republican-flag chits.

In other words: adding Republican-flag Leaders & Teams to the Republican Battalion was impossible because, despite clicking thru' the various graphic-chit options, only Nationalist-flag units were available.

Just to clarify further:

1. Creating a Nationalist Battalion in the OOB Editor is OK--because Nationalist-flag topdown chits are available when creating Leaders/Teams.
2. Creating a Republican Battalion in the OOB Editor is not OK, because Republican-flag topdown chits are not available when creating Leaders/Teams.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is this a known problem?
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2020, 05:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-16-2020, 05:59 AM by Xerxes77.)
RE: Spanish Civil War OOB editor problem
(12-16-2020, 04:51 AM)neonlicht Wrote: The game's latest patch now has the "Topdown Units Mod" as default, and when you add Leaders & Teams in the OOB Editor, the topdown-graphic chits have little flags on them to show if they're Republican or Nationalist. 

Thought I'd make a custom scenario to play against the AI for my own amusement. I opened the OOB Editor and started a custom OOB (Republican v Nationalist battalions). However, although I was able to add Nationalist-flag chits (Leaders & Teams) to the custom OOB, I was not able to add Republican-flag chits.

In other words: adding Republican-flag Leaders & Teams to the Republican Battalion was impossible because, despite clicking thru' the various graphic-chit options, only Nationalist-flag units were available.

Just to clarify further:

1. Creating a Nationalist Battalion in the OOB Editor is OK--because Nationalist-flag topdown chits are available when creating Leaders/Teams.
2. Creating a Republican Battalion in the OOB Editor is not OK, because Republican-flag topdown chits are not available when creating Leaders/Teams.

Just fired up a scenario to check and... am I drunk or are the sides reversed?

Edit: Oof. Looks to me like the factions are inverted in the Units.bmp file. Waiting for someone more knowledgeable to confirm.
12-16-2020, 07:15 AM,
(12-16-2020, 05:57 AM)Xerxes77 Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 04:51 AM)neonlicht Wrote: The game's latest patch now has the "Topdown Units Mod" as default, and when you add Leaders & Teams in the OOB Editor, the topdown-graphic chits have little flags on them to show if they're Republican or Nationalist. 

Just to clarify further:

Just fired up a scenario to check and... am I drunk or are the sides reversed?

Edit: Oof. Looks to me like the factions are inverted in the Units.bmp file. Waiting for someone more knowledgeable to confirm.
Hi and many thanks for this--appreciate your checking!
12-16-2020, 07:48 AM,
Sorry, I had nothing to do with that!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
12-16-2020, 08:01 AM,
I'm going to fix this, hopefully, but will take some time, and hope doesn't require all the oob's needing edited! Ed did these, I only removed anti-aliasing and cleaned up these, so didn't even notice the anomalies. Means the on map bmp's are hosed too.I have vacation next two weeks, so will try to get an unofficial patch for you all, then upload to Rich so he can officially patch it up.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

12-16-2020, 08:56 AM,
OK, I fixed the graphics, unfortunately, going to need to go through all the oob files and fix the few bad references. Getting started scenario has a few Republicans wearing a Narionalist badge on map.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

12-16-2020, 09:33 AM,
(12-16-2020, 08:56 AM)Warhorse Wrote: OK, I fixed the graphics, unfortunately, going to need to go through all the oob files and fix the few bad references. Getting started scenario has a few Republicans wearing a Narionalist badge on map.

Thanks for the quick fix, Warhorse, but does that mean that the issue already existed with the original images? I'm not clear on how the game links the individual images to each faction.
12-16-2020, 10:26 AM,
(12-16-2020, 09:33 AM)Xerxes77 Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 08:56 AM)Warhorse Wrote: OK, I fixed the graphics, unfortunately, going to need to go through all the oob files and fix the few bad references. Getting started scenario has a few Republicans wearing a Narionalist badge on map.

Thanks for the quick fix, Warhorse, but does that mean that the issue already existed with the original images? I'm not clear on how the game links the individual images to each faction.

I'm going to guess that originally they might have been ok. The problem probably arose when Ed did the top down, and I didn't catch it when I went over it for the update. It will be fine now, in the info folder, there is units.dat, that tells the program the locations of the particular graphics on Units.bmp, and also the corresponding on map graphics 100 and 50. They were all over the place and not how they were supposed to be ordered, so fortunately is was a quick fix. Taking a little while to open every oob and hit default pics under edit for each main formation, it then orders it correctly!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

12-17-2020, 08:13 AM,
Uploaded the patch to JTS.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

12-17-2020, 08:19 PM,
(12-17-2020, 08:13 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Uploaded the patch to JTS.

Thank you, Warhorse! (Newbie question: I assume you work for JTS?) How long until we see the patch available for download?