• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Night Fatigue
12-14-2020, 01:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-14-2020, 01:53 AM by Strela.)
RE: Night Fatigue
(12-14-2020, 12:42 AM)Kool Kat Wrote:
(12-10-2020, 08:34 PM)Strela Wrote:
(12-10-2020, 08:12 PM)Green Wrote:
(12-10-2020, 08:01 PM)ComradeP Wrote: In reality, it isn't as units can gain more than 20 fatigue if they move at night with Fatigue Recovery set to 10. That might be due to rounding of some sort.

Yes, I wonder if the manual is incorrect or if there has been a change and the manual not updated?

Very probably. I have just been collating the changes for the next round of patches and there are a heap of things that have changed that I wasn’t aware of.

Many of these have come from requests Ed made for the FWWC (Serbia), of which some are in PzC and some are not. Keeping track of which feature has been migrated is not easy and requires me trying to test each change in PzC, which I have precious little time for.

And then I have to understand the impact well enough to update the manual if it’s not explicitly called out in the FWWC manual.

So no, I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a variance between actuality and the manuals...

David

David:  Smoke7

"Very probably. I have just been collating the changes for the next round of patches and there are a heap of things that have changed that I wasn’t aware of." - David

Please consider releasing graphics patches separate from game mechanics / play patches.

Some players, including me, wish to remain on the standardized "Gold" graphics.

Thank you!  Smile 

Hi Mike,

The logistics involved in releasing patches for what is now 24 games is pretty extensive.

I have heard you loud and clear on the Gold graphics and as shown with Scheldt '44, we left them in place for players like yourself.

We won't be splitting the game mechanics and graphics across multiple patches. Its all or nothing and I assume you all would like all. All games are receiving exactly the same graphical choices as Scheldt where you will be able to replace the new Hi-Res graphics with Gold versions.

Finally, can you all keep in mind that there is only myself preparing all 23 patches for Panzer Campaigns (Rich Hamilton is doing all the web work) and that is to the detriment of two major projects I'm working on currently. Its actually delaying the next Panzer Campaigns title which is very close to completion, but is now slipping due to us prioritising these patches.

I don't have the time or brain power to further segment patches into graphics and engine mechanics because a small number of players are not interested in the graphics changes. Of note, I'm getting a heap of messages from players saying they want the new graphics before any system enhancements!

Thanks,

David
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2020, 02:32 AM,
(12-14-2020, 01:52 AM)Strela Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 12:42 AM)Kool Kat Wrote:
(12-10-2020, 08:34 PM)Strela Wrote:
(12-10-2020, 08:12 PM)Green Wrote:
(12-10-2020, 08:01 PM)ComradeP Wrote: In reality, it isn't as units can gain more than 20 fatigue if they move at night with Fatigue Recovery set to 10. That might be due to rounding of some sort.

Yes, I wonder if the manual is incorrect or if there has been a change and the manual not updated?

Very probably. I have just been collating the changes for the next round of patches and there are a heap of things that have changed that I wasn’t aware of.

Many of these have come from requests Ed made for the FWWC (Serbia), of which some are in PzC and some are not. Keeping track of which feature has been migrated is not easy and requires me trying to test each change in PzC, which I have precious little time for.

And then I have to understand the impact well enough to update the manual if it’s not explicitly called out in the FWWC manual.

So no, I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a variance between actuality and the manuals...

David

"Very probably. I have just been collating the changes for the next round of patches and there are a heap of things that have changed that I wasn’t aware of." - David

Please consider releasing graphics patches separate from game mechanics / play patches.

Some players, including me, wish to remain on the standardized "Gold" graphics.

Thank you!  Smile 

Hi Mike,

The logistics involved in releasing patches for what is now 24 games is pretty extensive.

I have heard you loud and clear on the Gold graphics and as shown with Scheldt '44, we left them in place for players like yourself.

We won't be splitting the game mechanics and graphics across multiple patches. Its all or nothing and I assume you all would like all. All games are receiving exactly the same graphical choices as Scheldt where you will be able to replace the new Hi-Res graphics with Gold versions.

Finally, can you all keep in mind that there is only myself preparing all 23 patches for Panzer Campaigns (Rich Hamilton is doing all the web work) and that is to the detriment of two major projects I'm working on currently. Its actually delaying the next Panzer Campaigns title which is very close to completion, but is now slipping due to us prioritising these patches.

I don't have the time or brain power to further segment patches into graphics and engine mechanics because a small number of players are not interested in the graphics changes. Of note, I'm getting a heap of messages from players saying they want the new graphics before any system enhancements!

Thanks,

David

Thank you for your response.

Please note that I am not trying to argue with you. 

However, I don't believe (please correct me if I am wrong) that once the PzC Series was standardized on the "Gold" version, there was significant player demand to upgrade the graphics? And in fact, the player demand for post-Gold graphics was fueled only after you introduced the enhanced graphics option?

Frankly, once you and your Team completed the herculean task and work effort to standardize the PzC and MC Series on the Gold standard, I had hoped that game mechanics, and play corrections / improvements, including the development of new PzC games would be prioritized. It is regrettable that your next new PzC game's  development cycle is slipping because of ongoing work with these primarily graphic patches for the entire PzC and MC Series. Exceptions to the graphics only work may include Japan 45 /46 and Scheldt '44 as there were play corrections identified following the release of these games.  

For example, I would like to see helo game mechanics corrected in a future MC Series patch. Helicopters should not be able to block ground combat units from entering the hex these flying units are hovering over. 

Again, as I have stated in earlier posts, I applaud you and Team for all the work done in the PzC and MC Series! Thank you for your continued support and development of these games!
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
12-19-2020, 05:35 AM,
As a follow on from this would just like to ask why assaulting at night does not by it self cause disruption whilst a tactical move of one hex has a chance to
12-19-2020, 06:13 AM,
(12-19-2020, 05:35 AM)typhoon Wrote: As a follow on from this would just like to ask why assaulting at night does not by it self cause disruption whilst a tactical move of one hex has a chance to

This question was raised a while back in this thread;

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...321&page=5

As you can see David's response was ;

"That shouldn't be the case and at a minimum the normal night movement rule (with modifiers) should be calculated for any assault that results in the assaulting unit not disrupting due to combat."

Presumably this will be corrected in the next updates.
12-19-2020, 06:39 AM,
(12-19-2020, 06:13 AM)Green Wrote:
(12-19-2020, 05:35 AM)typhoon Wrote: As a follow on from this would just like to ask why assaulting at night does not by it self cause disruption whilst a tactical move of one hex has a chance to

This question was raised a while back in this thread;

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...321&page=5

As you can see David's response was ;

"That shouldn't be the case and at a minimum the normal night movement rule (with modifiers) should be calculated for any assault that results in the assaulting unit not disrupting due to combat."

Presumably this will be corrected in the next updates.

Thank you Green was an interesting read.It does need fixing been using it in Korsun  quite a bit as Soviets just to maintain contact with the Germans and keep some units spotted for the artillery if it’s not supposed to be then I will stop the night assaults even though I will miss the above advantages they have been giving
12-19-2020, 06:43 AM,
Although if being difficult I could argue that infiltrating German lines at night was a known Russian tactic but then that’s not the same as assaulting
12-19-2020, 06:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-20-2020, 07:36 PM by Mr Grumpy.)
If this is a PBEM game then maybe you should try to restrict the amount of night assaults you carry out because of this bug, just use the feature in a way that you feel is fair to your opponent?
12-19-2020, 07:26 PM,
Yes good idea I could ask.Though the last post was me really playing devils advocate. I have often thought though that night fatigue should be a one turn thing different from combat disruption which needs the morale check.
12-20-2020, 08:09 AM,
Sadly this problem does not appear to have been fixed by the latest updates. The issue was raised in April so there has been plenty of time to think through a solution if it was seen as important. Presumably the idea has now been dropped.

There is a rather cryptic comment in the change.log;

"Change so that it is now possible for units to move tactically at night without becoming disrupted (70% chance of disruption per hex, rather than 100%), mainly in order to allow for night assaults, but also short emergency movements." 

This sounds like something relevant to FWWC rather than PzC.