• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Night Fatigue
12-10-2020, 06:58 PM,
Night Fatigue
I've tried looking this one up but cannot find my answer. Do we know how much night Fatigue is accumulated for moving in T mode at night on a road. Is it variable? and does unit quality come into play like with disruption also does it vary depending on how far is moved. On a side note guessing that firing and Digging in accumulates fatigue in the same way just want to know how big a hit we are talking to see if it's worth doing in some cases.
Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2020, 08:00 PM,
RE: Night Fatigue
This is covered in the Optional Rules Dialog of the PzC.pdf. It says;

"Night Fatigue – with this rule is selected, units that are active during Night turns will accumulate fatigue. The amount of Fatigue accumulated is up half the amount a unit would normally recover during a Night turn. It does not matter how far a unit moves or how many movement points are expended. Even units with no Fatigue may gain some variable amount of Fatigue if they are active during Night turns under this rule."

Quality would only potentially be a factor if you use the Quality Fatigue Modifier Optional Rule and even then as far as I am aware it does not apply to fatigue accumulated in this way.
12-10-2020, 08:01 PM,
As far as I know, there are no separate checks for different forms of activity during night turn. Your units either accumulate night fatigue, or they don't.

Night fatigue gain is at most half a unit would normally recover. This is where it gets a bit foggy.

Fatigue recovery is normally between 0 and twice the Fatigue Recovery value in the parameter data dialog. At night, it is doubled. Night Fatigue gain should be between 0 and twice the rest value, because the fatigue gain is up to half of what a unit might normally recover.

In reality, it isn't as units can gain more than 20 fatigue if they move at night with Fatigue Recovery set to 10. That might be due to rounding of some sort.
12-10-2020, 08:12 PM,
(12-10-2020, 08:01 PM)ComradeP Wrote: In reality, it isn't as units can gain more than 20 fatigue if they move at night with Fatigue Recovery set to 10. That might be due to rounding of some sort.

Yes, I wonder if the manual is incorrect or if there has been a change and the manual not updated?
12-10-2020, 08:34 PM,
(12-10-2020, 08:12 PM)Green Wrote:
(12-10-2020, 08:01 PM)ComradeP Wrote: In reality, it isn't as units can gain more than 20 fatigue if they move at night with Fatigue Recovery set to 10. That might be due to rounding of some sort.

Yes, I wonder if the manual is incorrect or if there has been a change and the manual not updated?

Very probably. I have just been collating the changes for the next round of patches and there are a heap of things that have changed that I wasn’t aware of.

Many of these have come from requests Ed made for the FWWC (Serbia), of which some are in PzC and some are not. Keeping track of which feature has been migrated is not easy and requires me trying to test each change in PzC, which I have precious little time for.

And then I have to understand the impact well enough to update the manual if it’s not explicitly called out in the FWWC manual.

So no, I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a variance between actuality and the manuals...

David
12-10-2020, 10:35 PM,
Thank you for the very detailed answers.
12-11-2020, 01:24 AM,
[quote pid="441011" dateline="1607594511"]
In reality, it isn't as units can gain more than 20 fatigue if they move at night with Fatigue Recovery set to 10. That might be due to rounding of some sort.
[/quote]

Just ran a bunch of night fatigue tests with a couple dozen units. Only got one 21-- the rest were all values between 0 and 20, so my guess is that rounding is indeed the likely culprit here.
12-11-2020, 02:25 AM,
I've seen a few 21's, but nothing higher yet, so thus far it seems to be working as designed aside from rounding.
12-11-2020, 06:44 AM,
(12-11-2020, 02:25 AM)ComradeP Wrote: I've seen a few 21's, but nothing higher yet, so thus far it seems to be working as designed aside from rounding.

Good to hear that is all it is.

But this thread raises an interesting side issue for me. I find it odd that the rules for the game are not all in a single document since the pzc.pdf contains details not included in the user.pdf. Presumably the intention was to avoid duplication but the optional rules in particular are so important that all details relating to them should be in the user manual. Perhaps everything in one document would be easier than having to search through two? Or just have some duplication?

Having said that, what I think would be good is a separate document containing a series of illustrated examples which show how the various rules work in practice. As I have mentioned before I think the refueling rules in particular and supply rules generally are in need of some good examples which show clearly how these work. But I believe there are plenty of other aspects that would also be better understood if players could see the concept demonstrated as opposed to trying to understand and remember the mathematics.
12-14-2020, 12:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-14-2020, 12:46 AM by Kool Kat.)
(12-10-2020, 08:34 PM)Strela Wrote:
(12-10-2020, 08:12 PM)Green Wrote:

Very probably. I have just been collating the changes for the next round of patches and there are a heap of things that have changed that I wasn’t aware of.

Many of these have come from requests Ed made for the FWWC (Serbia), of which some are in PzC and some are not. Keeping track of which feature has been migrated is not easy and requires me trying to test each change in PzC, which I have precious little time for.

And then I have to understand the impact well enough to update the manual if it’s not explicitly called out in the FWWC manual.

So no, I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a variance between actuality and the manuals...

David

David:  Smoke7

"Very probably. I have just been collating the changes for the next round of patches and there are a heap of things that have changed that I wasn’t aware of." - David

Please consider releasing graphics patches separate from game mechanics / play patches.

Some players, including me, wish to remain on the standardized "Gold" graphics.

Thank you!  Smile 
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email