• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Squad Battles-WW2 Mod version 18 released!
02-28-2021, 08:23 PM,
RE: Squad Battles-WW2 Mod released!
(12-02-2020, 07:54 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Ok, just uploaded the mod so it is available now. This mod is for the base game John TillersSoftware Advance of the Reich, so you must own that game to use this mod in it. HPS version will NOT work with it!!

To prepare, make a folder called SBWW2, copy your AoTR contents and paste into this new folder.
1)organize the contents of the new folder by extension, remove all oob, and scn files, as well as all the folders.
2)Unzip the download into the new folder.
3)find the executable JSGME.exe and activate it, this will bring up dialogs about a mods folder, hit ok and close, this will ensure the mods folder is ready to go, this contains scenario-specific terrain, which will be alerted to your attention in the scenario description, if it uses Winter, Desert, Fall, etc.
4)If a scenario does call for special terrain, activate JSGME pick the terrain from the left pane, hit the right-hand arrow in the center to enable, then close once it is done loading, reverse procedure to uninstall.
5)There are a number of original scenario's in the release that have been modified to use the infantry graphics correctly, ie leaders are single men, squads three.
6)This is, for now only a 2D view mod, due to the extensive additions of equipment, and the disasterous state the 3D are in at the moment, I am not addressing them at this time, so I have omitted them, as 3d will not show most equipment.
6)This is also top-down based, so no way will the original side views work, and am not going to address that either, way to much work involved.
7)in the notes folder are lists of alternate units for making scenario's, and a few terrain type files, explaining differences from normal terrain, if any

Chad has graciously made a new ladder entry for SB-WW2 mod, so all game results for this mod can get logged under that, am still uploading scenario's, but there are quite a few entered already, and we included all that we have made, with the exception of some new untested ones that didn't make it to release. I have three more coming soon.
Special thanks to John Pirman and Ashley McLeod for the excellent help in creating scenario's and playtesting, as well as Javi, (Pepe Botijo) for playtesting as well. Chad helped test a few as well, thank you very much!

Work will now begin on a add-on to this mod called Western Desert, already started on the graphics, so the team will be making scenario's for this next, as soon as I add the few country's not available yet!

Any questions please feel free to email me, if you would like to help on Western Desert and have time, please don't volunteer then not help, please contact us, we could use some guys making scenario's that have done so before!

Here is the link, enjoy!

EDIT: This link now has some desert in it, with (WD)in front of the scenario's. To play them, activate JSGME and enable Desert Battles, then play!

SB-WW2 Mod
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2021, 08:28 PM,
hi
playing this now.
as always, an excellent production , great mod and scens !!
your work is much appreciated .

thank you

br steve
02-28-2021, 10:15 PM,
(02-28-2021, 08:28 PM)shorttape Wrote: hi
playing this now.
as always, an excellent production , great mod and scens !!
your work is much appreciated .

thank you

br steve
Thanks Steve!! Am still working on it, added in the Finns, Allied Bulgarians, Japanese and Chinese. Glad you are having fun with it!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
04-03-2021, 09:37 PM,
RE: Squad Battles-WW2 Mod version 16 released!
Bump, updated version to 16. Might be last version for some time to come due to family health issues.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

05-31-2021, 09:27 PM,
RE: Squad Battles-WW2 Mod version 17 released!
Bump, version 17. Some tweaks to a couple of the scenario's, and an addition of ammo load for the type 89 mortar.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

06-27-2021, 09:50 AM,
RE: Squad Battles-WW2 Mod version 18 released!
Bump, version 18, a few more scenario's, some equipment and vehicles as well. Colonial Italian graphics now, last option of the Italians when choosing graphic. You can find what all available uniforms are there in the notes folder, under the txt file Alternate unit types.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

06-27-2021, 10:21 PM,
(06-27-2021, 09:50 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Bump, version 18, a few more scenario's, some equipment and vehicles as well. Colonial Italian graphics now, last option of the Italians when choosing graphic. You can find what all available uniforms are there in the notes folder, under the txt file Alternate unit types.

Hi Mike, thanks for keeping up with the updates and the mod looks awesome. I have a question, which I think you answered before but cannot remember now: can your mod be ported to a game like Red Victory, which seems to be the closest to AotR? Is there any hard-coded limitation preventing this?
06-27-2021, 10:58 PM,
Thanks Mike, great work!
06-28-2021, 04:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-28-2021, 04:54 AM by Warhorse.)
(06-27-2021, 10:21 PM)Xerxes77 Wrote:
(06-27-2021, 09:50 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Bump, version 18, a few more scenario's, some equipment and vehicles as well. Colonial Italian graphics now, last option of the Italians when choosing graphic. You can find what all available uniforms are there in the notes folder, under the txt file Alternate unit types.

Hi Mike, thanks for keeping up with the updates and the mod looks awesome. I have a question, which I think you answered before but cannot remember now: can your mod be ported to a game like Red Victory, which seems to be the closest to AotR? Is there any hard-coded limitation preventing this?
Thanks!! I believe you can, but would have to remove all the scenario's, and oob's. I think Ashcloud just did this and said it works. It would essentially be my mod only running in RV, you couldn't leave any of the existing scenario's/oob's in there. Gonna try this myself, to utilize the campaign feature which AoTR lacks.

EDIT: It does indeed work!!! I would venture to say that this mod will work in most of the WW2 SB titles, as long as the original oob's and scenario's are removed!! Now a campaign for my mod can be made!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

06-28-2021, 05:07 AM,
(06-27-2021, 10:58 PM)All_American Wrote: Thanks Mike, great work!

You're very welcome!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue