• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Squad Battles-WW2 Mod version 18 released!
12-02-2020, 07:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-27-2021, 04:49 AM by Warhorse.)
News  Squad Battles-WW2 Mod version 18 released!
Ok, found some time amidst the chaos life has become lately to assemble version 17 of the SBWW2 Mod. This mod is for the base game Advance of the Reich, so you must own that game to use this mod in it.
Here is the link-SBWW2 Mod v.18
This version has the Chinese and Japanese as well as a few other goodies in it, and a few scenario's to play with, as always, there will be a hint in the description if you need to enable a terrain mod to use with a given scenario.
To prepare, make a folder called SBWW2, copy your AoTR contents and paste into this new folder.
1)organize the contents of the new folder by extension, remove all map, oob, and scn files, as well as all the folders.
2)Unzip the download into the new folder.
3)find the executable JSGME.exe and activate it, this will bring up dialogs about a mods folder, hit ok and close, this will ensure the mods folder is ready to go, this contains scenario-specific terrain, which will be alerted to your attention in the scenario description, if it uses Winter, Desert, Fall, etc.
4)If a scenario does call for special terrain, activate JSGME pick the terrain from the left pane, hit the right-hand arrow in the center to enable, then close once it is done loading, reverse procedure to uninstall.
5)There are a number of original scenario's in the release that have been modified to use the infantry graphics correctly, ie leaders are single men, squads three.
6)This is, for now only a 2D view mod, due to the extensive additions of equipment, and the disasterous state the 3D are in at the moment, I am not addressing them at this time, so I have ommitted them, as 3d will not show most equipment.
6)This is also top-down based, so no way will the original side views work, and am not going to address that either, way to much work involved.
7)in the notes folder are lists of alternate units for making scenario's, and a few terrain type files, explaining differences from normal terrain, if any
Special thanks to John Pirman and Ashley McLeod for the excellent help in creating scenario's and playtesting, as well as Javi, (Pepe Botijo) for playtesting as well.
I hope to return to this in the future, but a stroke is a long hard road to go through, and my wife needs me so the gaming has to get kicked to the curb mostly, I do have a few games going but very little time except weekends to get to a turn.

Version 17 has some added weapon loads to the Japanese Type 89 Knee Mortar, and a few tweaks to the Symbols and two of the Pacific Battles scenario's.

Version 18 has a few more graphics added, as well as scenario's!

Have fun!!

Chad has graciously made a new ladder entry for SB-WW2 mod, so all game results for this mod can get logged under that, am still uploading scenario's, but there are quite a few entered already, and we included all that we have made, with the exception of some new untested ones that didn't make it to release. I have three more coming soon.

Special thanks to John Pirman and Ashley McLeod for the excellent help in creating scenario's and playtesting, as well as Javi, (Pepe Botijo) for playtesting as well. Chad helped test a few as well, thank you very much!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2020, 10:25 AM,
RE: Squad Battles-WW2 Mod released!
Finally got around to installing this one.
I was pleasantly surprised at how many scenarios were included.
I love free stuff....
Well done to the team and thanks for the mod.
12-05-2020, 12:35 PM,
(12-05-2020, 10:25 AM)bigus Wrote: Finally got around to installing this one.
I was pleasantly surprised at how many scenarios were included.
I love free stuff....
Well done to the team and thanks for the mod.

You're welcome, more on the way!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

12-05-2020, 05:50 PM,
(12-05-2020, 12:35 PM)Warhorse Wrote: You're welcome, more on the way!

For AotR? If not, I might have to grab another title on the sale.
12-05-2020, 11:14 PM,
(12-05-2020, 05:50 PM)All_American Wrote:
(12-05-2020, 12:35 PM)Warhorse Wrote: You're welcome, more on the way!

For AotR? If not, I might have to grab another title on the sale.
Yes, for AoTR, working on the next part of the mod, Western Desert, will be a sub mod/add-on for the SBWW2 Mod! Desert Combat, yeah baby!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

12-14-2020, 04:17 AM,
HI mate

just finished the Korean war scens , a real slug fest .
Thanks for all the effort .
Look forward to this new serving of excellence .
keep up the good work

br steve
12-16-2020, 07:46 AM,
(12-14-2020, 04:17 AM)shorttape Wrote: HI  mate

just finished the Korean war scens , a real slug fest .
Thanks for all the effort .
Look forward to this new serving of excellence .
keep up the good work

br steve
Thanks Steve, glad you had fun with it!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

12-20-2020, 01:44 AM,
I might be being completely thick but I can't see anything outlining the changes that this mod makes in the folder. The new scenarios are great, and it seems as though the ammo situation is different?
12-20-2020, 03:07 AM,
(12-20-2020, 01:44 AM)Flibby Wrote: I might be being completely thick but I can't see anything outlining the changes that this mod makes in the folder. The new scenarios are great, and it seems as though the ammo situation is different?

I have to make a list of changes, there are many, mostly graphics, but there are numerous loads added, all weapon range and penetration data was redone to reflect penetration at 30 degrees 500 meters. all armor was adjusted to compensate for the fact SB uses the side armor for what is entered into the armor section, then 150% for front hyits, 75% for rear. I went with an armor effectiveness based on an average of the three, with a 30 degree slope. Combat results are a bit more as well for infantry fighting, and the X factor was used in almost all weapons so they don't lose effectiveness, didn't like that for larger scenario's.I added over 20 countrys, 700 plus vehicles and weapons, there are around 30 scenario's with release, and a few more are in development right now, just uploaded one to the database, Thorn in the Side. Early 1940 British vs German action. Hope you are enjoying it!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

12-23-2020, 12:27 AM,
(12-20-2020, 03:07 AM)Warhorse Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 01:44 AM)Flibby Wrote: I might be being completely thick but I can't see anything outlining the changes that this mod makes in the folder. The new scenarios are great, and it seems as though the ammo situation is different?

I have to make a list of changes, there are many, mostly graphics, but there are numerous loads added, all weapon range and penetration data was redone to reflect penetration at 30 degrees 500 meters. all armor was adjusted to compensate for the fact SB uses the side armor for what is entered into the armor section, then 150% for front hyits, 75% for rear. I went with an armor effectiveness based on an average of the three, with a 30 degree slope. Combat results are a bit more as well for infantry fighting, and the X factor was used in almost all weapons so they don't lose effectiveness, didn't like that for larger scenario's.I added over 20 countrys, 700 plus vehicles and weapons, there are around 30 scenario's with release, and a few more are in development right now, just uploaded one to the database, Thorn in the Side. Early 1940 British vs German action. Hope you are enjoying it!

Thanks very much.

I certainly am enjoying the mod. As a new player I've been surprised at the lack of effectiveness seemingly used to replicate ammunition use. With all of the MGs I've used you might need to change a barrel over fairly regularly but unless you warp it, and the weapon is generally maintained, it's not going to become useless instantly..

The scenarios also seem to be nice and short which I do like as this game seems to be better suited to smaller scale company + action.