• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Why Should I Purchase CS Middle East?
09-08-2020, 09:41 PM,
RE: Why Should I Purchase CS Middle East?
(09-08-2020, 12:08 PM)Big Ivan Wrote: Ever notice how Kool Kat, invisible for years on the Campaign Series Forum, all of the sudden posts with concise directed
pros to elicit and stage the comments to throw the Forum for the Campaign Series into a tizzy? 

It appears he asked a simple question, but he really didn't!!

His question was to invoke turmoil in the CS community just so he could get off on his jollies and laugh away!!

When I first saw his request for a game and then his post about CSME I was suspicious. So I replied and its above.

Yet after that post from Kool Kat a number of people jumped into the pond...

Hmmm, guess the laugh is on CS.

Its like the Wargaming Club for Gentlemen!!!

What you see on the surface is not the true picture...

Conspiracies? Alternative motives? Sadistic behavior? 

Who is "stirring the pot" and who is not?

I don't owe anyone an explanation... but for those who care, here it is.

Six years ago I became burned out with CS. I could not play another game. I looked for another game platform. 

I discovered John Tiller TOC games - especially Panzer Campaigns and Modern Campaigns. I enjoyed the scale and game play. Met some good players. Some of us became friends. One guy became a good friend of mine and we decided to tackle a Danube Front '85 Campaign Scenario (161 turns). We got into the game, but because of real life issues he had to step away for several months. 

So, in order to "fill in the gap" and not get into another TOC game, I decided to circle back to CS and see if I could pickup a game. Ash Cloud was kind enough and eager to play me. We had collaborated on CS scenario development in the past and it was a good fit for us to be playing again. We are currently playing a RS scenario.

I had gotten an appreciation for modern warfare and I was curious about CSME. Yes. I had misgiving about this game, so that is why I asked my question here. 

Many players responded and gave feedback. I thanked everyone who contributed. I made my decision not to purchase CSME. I have been polite to everyone on this thread. I am not accusing persons of alternative motives, conspiracies, etc. Should that not be the end of the story?

Again, many thanks to all persons who have provided feedback!
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2020, 09:55 PM,
(09-08-2020, 12:08 PM)Big Ivan Wrote: Ever notice how Kool Kat, invisible for years on the Campaign Series Forum, all of the sudden posts with concise directed
pros to elicit and stage the comments to throw the Forum for the Campaign Series into a tizzy? 

His question was to invoke turmoil in the CS community just so he could get off on his jollies and laugh away!!

When I first saw his request for a game and then his post about CSME I was suspicious. So I replied and its above.

John, I know your post was tongue in cheek? Taken literally I'd really be replying. Helmet Wink

I was rolling into a ball and ready to shoot those porcupine pins after you mentioned Peter's Club. The place where I am not allowed to join but it is open to all players? Propeller Hat 

LOL! TEEHEE 

Farmer

HSL
09-09-2020, 02:01 AM,
(09-08-2020, 09:41 PM)Kool Kat Wrote: Conspiracies? Alternative motives? Sadistic behavior? 

All's well Mike. Sometimes the pickets here get a little trigger happy and fire at the friendlies. I'm going to have to start distributing clickers.

Glad you're back and hope you'll be sticking around.

Dave

(09-08-2020, 09:55 PM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote: I was rolling into a ball and ready to shoot those porcupine pins after you mentioned Peter's Club. The place where I am not allowed to join but it is open to all players? Propeller Hat 

LOL! TEEHEE 

Farmer

HSL

Ed, John has been banned from that other club as well. It's restricted, you know. Gentlemen only. Whistle

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
09-09-2020, 08:27 AM,
(09-09-2020, 02:01 AM)Scud Wrote:
(09-08-2020, 09:41 PM)Kool Kat Wrote: Conspiracies? Alternative motives? Sadistic behavior? 

All's well Mike. Sometimes the pickets here get a little trigger happy and fire at the friendlies. I'm going to have to start distributing clickers.

Dave

(09-08-2020, 09:55 PM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote: I was rolling into a ball and ready to shoot those porcupine pins after you mentioned Peter's Club. The place where I am not allowed to join but it is open to all players? Propeller Hat 

LOL! TEEHEE 

Farmer

HSL

Ed, John has been banned from that other club as well. It's restricted, you know. Gentlemen only.  Whistle

Dave

I've been called a lot of things,.. never a Gentleman.. Guess I'll just stay here with my Prickly friends  Jester

Dev
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
09-09-2020, 01:47 PM,
My 2 Cents  RE: Why Should I Purchase CS Middle East?
I think that what SCUD has said - about maybe another forum for these
next CS versions - ME, Vietnam , EFIII  and also those of the same 
game engine yet to come.

Not the worst of a compromise - OK by me.

As many have insisted - and it's legal - to each their own , if so be it.

Peace , my brothers

Tom S.
5 Leichte Div
09-09-2020, 10:37 PM,
(09-09-2020, 02:01 AM)Scud Wrote:

Dave

LOL! TEEHEE 

Farmer

HSL

Ed, John has been banned from that other club as well. It's restricted, you know. Gentlemen only.  Whistle

Dave

LMFAO! I knew John was no Gentleman. Helmet Rolleyes 

Did he join and got kicked out?
Hamster Wheel
I've always preferred my freedom to rely on me and not a dictator.

John has never been a Peter robot type.

Farmer

HSL
09-09-2020, 10:44 PM,
(09-08-2020, 09:55 PM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote:

John, I know your post was tongue in cheek? Taken literally I'd really be replying. Helmet Wink  

I was rolling into a ball and ready to shoot those porcupine pins after you mentioned Peter's Club. The place where I am not allowed to join but it is open to all players? Propeller Hat 

LOL! TEEHEE 

Farmer

HSL

A club that says they are open to all player and banned at least one, isn't exactly open to all players.   Big Grin 

Personally, if two or more get into it and get down and dirty, I say go for it.  If nothing else, it's an entertaining read.   Big Grin
09-10-2020, 01:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-10-2020, 01:32 AM by Hawk Kriegsman.)
Ah the memories.  The banter, the vitriol, the laughter, the behind the scenes angry emails, the punishments. Angry Mob

There was some spectacular threads back in the day.  Priceless entertainment.  Pop Corn

Those were the good old days.  I have a glint in my eye just thinking about it.  Whistle
09-10-2020, 03:39 AM,
"I have a glint in my eye just thinking about it."

LOL! ROTFLMAO

Just the thought of him coming here and reading this thread? Helmet Wink 

Farmer

HSL
09-12-2020, 04:34 AM,
First off, Mike West, please forgive me, I was out of line and I apologize, I was wrong!

Second: You are right Ed, I am no gentlemen. Anybody that worked 37 years in the steel business and in steel mills is not a saint by any stretch! Steel workers are some of the toughest and bad asses I know.

Finally, Yeah the banter and the forum fun! I'll stay here with my crazy and never boring friends.

As for that other club, no one is going to dictate to me how many games I need to play and who I play.

just saying...