• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Why Should I Purchase CS Middle East?
09-05-2020, 05:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-06-2020, 09:39 PM by Kool Kat.)
c_Question Mark  Why Should I Purchase CS Middle East?
Gents:  Smoke7

I have interest in modern combat and enjoy the CS game platform.  Smile

However, I have read past comments from several CS players who are less then enamored with ME!  Whistle 

Also, reviewing the recorded games database, I discovered the following information:

19 scenarios rated under 4.0
Many scenarios have only 1-4 completed games
ME was released in 2015 - that was five years ago. Should there not be more completed games?  Idea2

Not exactly a stellar record?

So, what is going on? Is it a lot of unbalanced scenarios and a small number of folks playing ME?

Feedback appreciated!  Big Grin
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2020, 07:18 AM,
RE: Why Should I Purchase CS Middle East?
(09-05-2020, 05:59 AM)Kool Kat Wrote: Gents:  Smoke7

I have interest in modern combat and enjoy the CS game platform.  Smile

However, I have read past comments from several CS players who are less then enamored with ME!  Whistle 

Also, reviewing the recorded games database, I discovered the following information:

19 scenarios rated under 4.0
Many scenarios have only 1-4 completed games
ME was released in 2015 - that was five years ago. Should there not be more completed games?  Idea2

Not exactly a stellar record?

So, what is going on? Is it a lot of unbalanced scenarios and a small number of folks playing ME?

Feedback appreciated!  Big Grin

Hi Mike!

You haven't been around much, and in so long, that I doubt anyone here knows who you are.  Big Grin

ME is a learning curve. Anti-tank stuff is deadly, and from a distance. You can't put a tank on a hill, like a tiger in WWII, and be impervious to enemy fire. You learn that really fast. The time-frame is greater, so weaponry and tactics change over decades rather than years. A stellar record, though, no.

IMO the scenarios aren't up to snuff for H2H. They're OK if you enjoy playing the AI, but for Blitzers, that's an issue. Also, unlike WF, EF, RS, no one is making custom scenarios for it, so the community really let the game down. There are a couple of exceptions, but that's certainly the rule. The game could certainly use someone like you, who likes to design scenarios from time to time. 

We have a small mirrored tournament that just started that will be exploring some of the unplayed scenarios. Hopefully we'll find some gems.

I know the devs are planning to revamp ME, after Viet Nam and EFIII, I believe. The new versions will be programmed differently, as will the scenarios themselves. Way more possibilities will be opened up and should result in better experiences. However, it will be quite a while before any of that happens.

Personally, I like the game and would play it more if there were interest and 10-20 really good balanced scenarios, like some of the classics in JTCS.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
09-05-2020, 10:11 AM,
It's a whole different "species" of the CS game than you've grown up with ... No way to explain the intricate things and changes, without YOU sticking your hand into the hole, and grabbing whatever touches you.

I'll describe it like this.., It's kinda like being a Dog person all your life, then the Dog goes away.. and someone gives you a Rabbit, to replace your Dog with. Of course, you're just not quite sure what to do with it.. then you play with it, and see just how smart it is, even for being at the bottom of the "gaming" food chain, and realize it's a whole different Critter, needs a different approach, and it will make you both happy with some together time.

Also.. It supports Jason's team efforts and keeps Matrix interested in further Developments as a profitable venture.
Without funding (food), it dies.

While I'm only playing my 4th game.. CSME challenges me.. what more, do you need in a game?

Dev
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
09-05-2020, 10:44 AM,
Funny after all these years Mike you show up!

What are you lonely? Rolling Eyes

I noticed the bait and switch a couple of days ago looking for a Rising Sun game. But a month or so ago I sent you a private Happy Birthday message and I received no reply. To bad for me I guess. Opps!

Have you had enough of Tiller Operational Panzer Campaigns? Yeah I see you there from time to time. Decent game system but it needs some work. Clunky at times and predictable.

With CSME you have to think outside the box. It is definitely not East Front II, West Front or Rising Sun with the gaminess of those titles. The power with the technology over the decades will first surprise you then kill your arse. 

Yeah there are some "Old Guard" CS players that won't touch it. OK, to each his own and I have no issue with that.

Bottom line try it before you criticize it. After you have had the experience then throw up statistics of your own.

Just saying... Wink
09-06-2020, 01:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-06-2020, 01:01 AM by Deturk.)
Just waiting for the SALE. Cigar

Looking forward to Vietnam thou.
09-06-2020, 02:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-06-2020, 02:04 AM by Crossroads.)
All the DG scenarios are there as well, converted with outmost love and care for the original DG game by Alan Arvold. They are not play tested per se, but maybe as mirrored game they add to stock scenarios for H2H purposes.

He's done a ton of boardgames conversion as well, with the above caveat applying for them as well.

Once CS Vietnam is out, there will be an effort to bring CS Middle East up to par with latest regarding the enhanced scripted AI capabilities. So there's that too.

Would love to see more community created scenarios for sure. There's a few at CS Middle East Matrix home page, here:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4436565
Visit us at CSLegion.com
09-06-2020, 05:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-06-2020, 06:06 AM by Kool Kat.)
Gents:  Smoke7

Thank you for your replies and comments!  Smile

Your feedback helped me with my decision. I will not purchase CSME. 

Glad some of the "Old Guard" remember me! It has been 6 years since I played CS.

I have a CS game (Rising Sun) underway with Ash and enjoying it.  Big Grin 

Good gaming everyone.
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
09-06-2020, 09:22 AM,
Ladies - ( no disrespect ! )    Helmet Smile

Yes - CSME will get you the experience of the post WW2 equipment.

Early battles ( 1948 - mostly small arms ) do use remnant stocks of WW2 weapons , and you get
to be abused by some familiar ones - that you may have often used
against WW2 foes. Your own stuff , shall we say - against you this time.

By 1956 - we see the Cold War stocks being used by the proxy armies - Israelis using primarily
the Nato stocks , Arabs using the Soviet bloc's weaponry.

Range of weapon effectiveness will indeed increase with time.

Within the CS orbit - ME will give you that distinct taste of tactical modern war.
Believe that there will be some nasty surprises.

So -as time moved on - with its changes - how about you ? !
Just as it was done.

Come and get yourself an education , CS style - right here in the Middle East.
  Hey, Bubba - let's learn some new **** !
( Always be polite , son. )

Our time periods.
WW2 belongs to Dad and Grand-dad.

I should say that the game keystroke shortcuts can be buggy - I just use the top bar drop-down menus to do the particular decisions.
Works just fine.
Also, might need some PC horsepower - the ME is heavier.
I run an Intel i5 4670K 3.4 Proc. with 8GB RAM.

That is All.

TOM S
5 Leichte Div       Soap Box
09-06-2020, 10:55 PM,
Mike,

I stayed away from this until now.
I think you made the right decision. Judge

What is not realized is that there are some "old fuddy duddies" that just wanted the simple CS frame?
The changes made to make ME were just not what I wanted in a game. That is my main dislike.
Believe me, it was not from me not adapting tactics to the more "modern warfare", I could do that.

It might have started out with the dislike of the bugs that were there. It might have been that the scenarios, as stated by others, were not balanced or fun. But, for me, it ended with the fact that the game does not feel right. Horse5

I do hope that Matrix and the team find a profitable clientele for the platform. It just is not for me.

Back to my hole. Closet Hide

Regards,

Farmer

HSL
09-07-2020, 01:13 AM,
I am saddened that many do not continue on, and support the series, as it evolves into the modern era.. I know $$ is tight, but some things, are worth it.

It took me until this year, to buy it myself... I'm guilty of chewing on that old bone, for a long time, before I gave in.. not disappointed, mind you.. confused some tho..

I've got 4 games under my belt.. More to come.. I am intrigued, by the mechanics.. It's my nature, perhaps, because of my job, (Diesel Mechanic shop foreman) to either grow with the future, and learn new things, or become a dino, and greet peeps at Wally world from here on out, to retirement age.

Ah, The Good Ole Days, were quite the Meat, of us fools, men against men,(with some cryin' of course) and pure gaming at it's best.. those days, still linger, but are fading, slowly, but surely...

I can't change, the mindset
I can't say, it's better than sliced bread
I can't say, you need to spend your money, to keep it going, if you don't like the end results
I can say, the game has changed, and it's still as good as ever, just more evil
If you can't be evil, how you gonna beat the RedDevil?

Sure going to miss the gaming against the Bros who stay behind.. nothing against the new blood, but old blood is like good wine :)
Just saying, the new EF3 is going to be based on this CS ME and NAM engine releases. Might as well get a ticket to Hell.. cuz I'm already there, planning your demise.

Dev
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard