• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Why Should I Purchase CS Middle East?
09-07-2020, 05:03 AM,
RE: Why Should I Purchase CS Middle East?
Really?

It's not about supporting. It's about liking what you support?
I give really large tips at restaurants. I tip for the quality of the meal and the service. If I don't get it, I tip the 20% and move on.
With the whole Covid nonsense and what it has done to the restaurant industry I often tip more than the meal costs just to help out the server.

I bought the game. I gave it away. It's not about the money.
I guess they got my half hearted support.
I don't need to be called a dinosaur because of it. And, if I fade away I'll have more time to do other things. But, right now I have CS and give it time because I love to play it.

I do not like the new mechanics they have created. It's not the game I love.

If ME was the wave of the future it would show it in both sales and games reported at this club?
And, most likely there would be those who would create scenarios for it? At least ones that are balanced for H2H?

And, in none of my posts have I put down anyone for liking it or buying it.

Farmer

HSL
Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2020, 10:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 10:15 AM by BigDuke66.)
Not the first time I here about the mechanics.
What changed or changed so much that oldtimers now dislike it CSME 2.X?
I haven't played 1.0 or any other even older Campaign game but 2.0 felt good to me even as a newbee.
09-07-2020, 10:13 PM,
(09-07-2020, 05:03 AM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote: Really?

It's not about supporting. It's about liking what you support?
I give really large tips at restaurants. I tip for the quality of the meal and the service. If I don't get it, I tip the 20% and move on.
With the whole Covid nonsense and what it has done to the restaurant industry I often tip more than the meal costs just to help out the server.

I bought the game. I gave it away. It's not about the money.
I guess they got my half hearted support.
I don't need to be called a dinosaur because of it. And, if I fade away I'll have more time to do other things. But, right now I have CS and give it time because I love to play it.

I do not like the new mechanics they have created. It's not the game I love.

If ME was the wave of the future it would show it in both sales and games reported at this club?
And, most likely there would be those who would create scenarios for it? At least ones that are balanced for H2H?

And, in none of my posts have I put down anyone for liking it or buying it.

Farmer

HSL

Apologies, Ed.  I didn't want you to think my post was directed at you, my friend.
I only called myself a dino, if I don't keep up with the new technologies of the diesel trucking world..
The rest of your post is nothing I can comment upon, your money, your feelings, your likes/ dislikes.. that's what makes you, unique.
CSME didn't have a lot of participants for design, not many people are interested in the ME wars. I'm still learning it.
Perhaps some scenarios can be redone for H2H.. who knows.
The mechanics are being bettered, CS Nam will prolly be the paridigm for the rest of the series' advancement into the future.
I do know they're working on EFIII, hopefully it will be attractive enough,to us old schooled fools ey?

We'll cross swords again soon, your way. :)

Dev
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
09-08-2020, 12:25 AM,
(09-07-2020, 10:09 AM)BigDuke66 Wrote: Not the first time I here about the mechanics.
What changed or changed so much that oldtimers now dislike it CSME 2.X?
I haven't played 1.0 or any other even older Campaign game but 2.0 felt good to me even as a newbee.

CS Middle East 2.0 manual is available for download, have a look yourself:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4455608
Visit us at CSLegion.com
09-08-2020, 04:58 AM,
I wish I could turn back the clock and put CSME under a new forum, but when it was released I thought it was going to be a compliment to the JTCS series, so RS, WF, EFII and ME. The game mechanics were a departure from those of the older games, though, so a new forum, maybe CS2, probably would have been a good idea.

Lesson learned, so going forward I think that's what we'll do with the new CS games, VN, new ME EFIII etc. This way no one who enjoys the classic game will be shamed into feeling they must enjoy the new version. For those of us who enjoy both, then we'll just be members of two forums.

I've already broached this with other Blitz officers and have been assured this can be done and they are all on board with whatever the decision is. Not sure what we'll name the new forum. I'll talk to the Jason and the other devs when the Viet Nam release gets closer and try to have the new forum name align with what the new series will be called. We could also rename the old forum to Classic CS.

Lastly, to each his own. These are games. Play the games you like.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
09-08-2020, 05:15 AM,
(09-08-2020, 04:58 AM)Scud Wrote: I wish I could turn back the clock and put CSME under a new forum, but when it was released I thought it was going to be a compliment to the JTCS series, so RS, WF, EFII and ME. The game mechanics were a departure from those of the older games, though, so a new forum, maybe CS2, probably would have been a good idea.

Lesson learned, so going forward I think that's what we'll do with the new CS games, VN, new ME EFIII etc. This way no one who enjoys the classic game will be shamed into feeling they must enjoy the new version. For those of us who enjoy both, then we'll just be members of two forums.

I've already broached this with other Blitz officers and have been assured this can be done and they are all on board with whatever the decision is. Not sure what we'll name the new forum. I'll talk to the Jason and the other devs when the Viet Nam release gets closer and try to have the new forum name align with what the new series will be called. We could also rename the old forum to Classic CS.

Lastly, to each his own. These are games. Play the games you like.

Dave
Well, who knew. But that is a neat idea, Dave. In hindsight, that's how the Combat Mission has approached the ladders, as it has two engines, x1 and x2. 

So perhaps have the new Campaign Series "x2" fora set up like that as well, including the split to WW2 and Modern eras. 

Then, perhaps, CSME could be migrated from this gadded to "CSx2" Modern, together with Vietnam. Hopefully, there will be the Cold War too, to add to that, one day, while "CSx2" WW2 would include the West, East, and Pacific fronts. 

Maybe, if we live long enough to have them all out  Military2
Visit us at CSLegion.com
09-08-2020, 05:34 AM,
@Crossroads
I was asking for reasons, not the manual.

@Scud
Great idea, looking forward to.
09-08-2020, 05:39 AM,
(09-08-2020, 05:34 AM)BigDuke66 Wrote: @Crossroads
I was asking for reasons, not the manual.

Sorry, misunderstood you, then.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
09-08-2020, 06:20 AM,
"Apologies, Ed.  I didn't want you to think my post was directed at you, my friend."

No worries Randy, we are cool. I get a little bristly when someone makes those comments. The old porcupine rolls in a ball and shoots out some pins? Wink

It's like sunburn? When you get it you always feel like it is worse?
It's just sun and burn? Desert2

Farmer

HSL
09-08-2020, 12:08 PM,
Ever notice how Kool Kat, invisible for years on the Campaign Series Forum, all of the sudden posts with concise directed
pros to elicit and stage the comments to throw the Forum for the Campaign Series into a tizzy? 

It appears he asked a simple question, but he really didn't!!

His question was to invoke turmoil in the CS community just so he could get off on his jollies and laugh away!!

When I first saw his request for a game and then his post about CSME I was suspicious. So I replied and its above.

Yet after that post from Kool Kat a number of people jumped into the pond...

Hmmm, guess the laugh is on CS.

Its like the Wargaming Club for Gentlemen!!!

What you see on the surface is not the true picture...