• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Indragnir's mods: News, files, updates, teasers, bug fixing and ramblings.
01-15-2021, 09:55 PM,
RE: Indragnir's mods: News, files, updates, teasers, bug fixing and ramblings.
(01-13-2021, 04:26 AM)Indragnir Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 11:41 PM)zovs66 Wrote: I am a little confused. There is talk about some kind of modifications or updates but when I click on all the dropbox links the only thing I see is for Korea 85, but nothing for Budapest, Tunisia or any of the rest.

Are these official updates to JTS already added to the latest update patch or are these user modifications that are hidden somewhere? What is the secret handshake? lol

Hi,

All my PzC mods will be released in the new Hi-Res patchs. That's why I took them out from Dropbox.
Don't worry all will be relased quite soon (half a dozen have been released yet: Budapest, Bulge, Kharkov 42, Kursk, Korsun). So for example you can find Budapest VARIANT in the latest patch.

Those scenarios are VARIANT scenarios as bonus for the players for free, they don't invalidate stock scenarios, just I'm just adding new content for you.

Okay I am still a little confused, where or what exactly are these Hi-Res patches? 

I am guessing from this thread that these are not officially from JTS or WDS.

Also I don't see any VARIANT folders or files in your dropbox link, just the one MC graphic mod. So its very confusing when you state you have done a bunch of Hi-Res and scenario's for a bunch of JTS games but there is nothing to download and they are not available from JTS nor from your dropbox account.

Please forgive my ignorance.
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2021, 11:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-15-2021, 11:15 PM by phoenix.)
What Cesar means is that his scenarios will be released with the new hi-res updates for the games, which are being gradually officially released via the JTS website, updates page. Go there and you will see new updates (this is what he means by 'hi-res patches') available for various PC games already. So, for instance, you will see under the Panzer Campaigns updates list a listing for 'Kharkov '42 Gold, 2.02, dated 30 dec 2020' and when you download and apply that free patch/update to your Kharkov 42 game you will see Cesar's new Kharkov scenario in the scenario list. It's entitled '02 Campaign-Full Variant 1, v 1.0a', which is all Cesar means when he mentions 'variants' - it's a new variant of the campaign already in there.

Hope this helps.
01-16-2021, 12:31 AM,
(01-15-2021, 11:09 PM)phoenix Wrote: What Cesar means is that his scenarios will be released with the new hi-res updates for the games, which are being gradually officially released via the JTS website, updates page. Go there and you will see new updates (this is what he means by 'hi-res patches') available for various PC games already. So, for instance, you will see under the Panzer Campaigns updates list a listing for 'Kharkov '42 Gold, 2.02, dated 30 dec 2020' and when you download and apply that free patch/update to your Kharkov 42 game you will see Cesar's new Kharkov scenario in the scenario list. It's entitled '02 Campaign-Full Variant 1, v 1.0a', which is all Cesar means when he mentions 'variants' - it's a new variant of the campaign already in there.

Hope this helps.

That's it. Language barrier doesn't help either since I'm not english native speaker.

The scenarios I design are not official since my mods/scenarios are variants of Stock scenarios (the official ones) with new research applied. WDS is kind enough to incorporate them for free into the official updates (JTS website) for the community to get more content for their money.

MC Korea is just not a graphic mod as you can check, it's a Variant of the stock main campaign scenario, I'm includes all files (pdt, oob etc)
01-16-2021, 10:00 PM,
Thanks Phoenix that made total sense.

Sorry for the non-native misunderstanding Caesar.
02-19-2021, 02:25 AM,
Greetings Indragnir! Just thought I'd pop in to ask if there had been progress on Tazaaron's rework of D85 "Bolt from the Blue." We had some fun with the version in D85 Gold, but last word was Taz was doing some more alterations. Any update?
02-19-2021, 04:53 AM,
(02-19-2021, 02:25 AM)Elxaime Wrote: Greetings Indragnir!  Just thought I'd pop in to ask if there had been progress on Tazaaron's rework of D85 "Bolt from the Blue."  We had some fun with the version in D85 Gold, but last word was Taz was doing some more alterations.  Any update?

Months ago Aaron distributed a copy of "Bolt" version 10 to a handful of us for testing and comment. Version 10 is a major remake, and I think most people would really enjoy it. The map is something entirely new, and his approach to the scenario is something new and fresh. I commented on a few mistakes in the unit graphics, and played a few turns solo. I have no idea what the other testers have done or are doing, and I haven't heard from Aaron in months now.

I hope Bolt v.10 gets released publicly soon. For the map alone it's worth having IMHO.

I can't/won't go into more detail, since I'm not sure whether Aaron would like that or not, and as I say, it's been awhile since I've had any contact anyway.
"If you want to know a man's true character, give him some power." - Abraham Lincoln (attributed)
02-20-2021, 06:23 PM,
(02-19-2021, 04:53 AM)2-81 Armor Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 02:25 AM)Elxaime Wrote: Greetings Indragnir!  Just thought I'd pop in to ask if there had been progress on Tazaaron's rework of D85 "Bolt from the Blue."  We had some fun with the version in D85 Gold, but last word was Taz was doing some more alterations.  Any update?

Months ago Aaron distributed a copy of "Bolt" version 10 to a handful of us for testing and comment. Version 10 is a major remake, and I think most people would really enjoy it. The map is something entirely new, and his approach to the scenario is something new and fresh. I commented on a few mistakes in the unit graphics, and played a few turns solo. I have no idea what the other testers have done or are doing, and I haven't heard from Aaron in months now.

I hope Bolt v.10 gets released publicly soon. For the map alone it's worth having IMHO.

I can't/won't go into more detail, since I'm not sure whether Aaron would like that or not, and as I say, it's been awhile since I've had any contact anyway.

Same here. No news since mid November. The mod is essentially done (but for art I think?). I suggested to him some small changes but no reply from him yet.
02-21-2021, 12:42 AM,
(02-20-2021, 06:23 PM)Indragnir Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 04:53 AM)2-81 Armor Wrote:

Same here. No news since mid November. The mod is essentially done (but for art I think?). I suggested to him some small changes but no reply from him yet.

I agree, besides needing just a few new pieces of unit art, it's ready. I substituted a few of my own as place holders in my test copy so I wouldn't have to look at blanks.

I especially liked the helicopter innovation that makes it a better game. Then there's the reworked map, which I would like to see used for all of the stock scenarios in the future.

For my part, I'm thinking of adapting the new map to the 1973 and 1976 OOBs I've been working on over the years. I guess that will have to be for private use, at least till 10.0 gets put out there. It's Aaron's baby, and his call.

I really hope Aaron is OK, and comes back soon, releasing the new scenario to the public, but we'll just have to wait and see.
"If you want to know a man's true character, give him some power." - Abraham Lincoln (attributed)
04-18-2021, 10:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-19-2021, 07:03 AM by Indragnir.)
It had been some time since my last update on Sicily GC Variant.

It's almost done. It will be delivered with the new Sicily Hi-Res patch (ETA soon if all goes for good).

As a curiosity here is the list of new art (not 100% finished):
Luftwaffe
HQ pz rgt (mot)
HQ pzgr rgt (mot)
HQ Pz Aufk Abt (mot)
Pz IIIn
Marder II
15cm sIG (mot)
15cm NW41
20mm AA (mot)
Quad 20mm AA (HT)
Sdkfz 251-17 [AA]
Schmalz (mot)
12cm Mortar (mot)
47mm-50mm-75mm AT guns (mot)
LG 40 (mot) [Paras Light Gun]

German
15cm sFH18+10cm K18 (mot)
15cm sIG (mot)
French 220mm-155mm (mot)
20mm AA (mot)
37mm SP AA (HT)
SdKfz 222-231 [Recon]
75mm+50mm PAK40-38 (mot)

Italian
Arisio (mot) [XII Corps Commander]
Infantry (mot-) [Partially motorized]
Bersaglieri (MC) (Motorcycle) [Machine gunners]
MG (mot) (mot)
Engineer (cons) (foot) [Construction engineers]
Militia (foot)
Combat Engineers (mot) [In reality Assault Engineers]
Paras (mot) [Parachute infantry]
Mixed Field Guns (static)
75-27+47-32 guns (horse) [Mixed AT guns]
47-32 AT Gun (hs) (horse)
381mm (static)
203mm (static)
190mm (static)
152-53mm (static)
149-35 Field Gun (mot) (mot)
149-35 Field Gun (static)
149-19 Field Gun (mot)
149-19 Field Gun (static)
105-17 Field Gun (static)
100-17 Field Gun (hs) (horse)
100-17 Field Gun (mot)
97-37 Field Gun (mot) (mot)
75-18 Field Gun (mot)
75-13 Mtn Gun (hs) (horse) [Mountain Gun]
20mm AA gun (horse)
20mm AA gun (rail) [AA Train]
37-54 AA gun (horse)
75mm AA gun (horse)
76-40 AA Gun (static) [Dual role]
102-35 AA Gun (static)
37-54+75-46 AA Gun (horse) [AA guns turned into AT role]
81mm Mortar (hs) (horse)
76-40 Train (Rail) [Weaponized trains 76mm guns]
120-45 Train (Rail) [Weaponized trains 120mm guns]
152-45 Train (Rail) [Weaponized trains 152mm guns]
Coastal Def (A) (foot) [Non static non surrendering Coastal infantry]
MG (A) (foot) [As above]
L6 47-32 (tracked) [Light tanks with AT guns as Tank destroyers]
Semoventi 75-18
Semoventi 47-32
Semoventi 90-53
Fiat 3000
Fixed Turrents (static) [Fiat 3000 turrets used as static defenses]
20mm AT rifles (foot) [Solothurn AT rifles]
SPA-Viberti AS.42 (wheeled) [Special conversion for Arditi Commandos]
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/SPA-Viberti_AS.42

East German (Blackshirts)
HQ (mot)
Blackshirts MG (foot) [Machine gunners]

American
Infantry Rec (Armd) (soft-HT)
155mm Long Tom
57mm AT (mot)
T30 (HT)
Shore Engineer (foot)
M3 T12 (HT)
Gaffey (mot) [2nd Armoed Div]
Eng (HT)                 [Armored Engineers]
8cm FK M5 (static) [Captured guns Rangers used to repel Gela attack]

American AB
12cm Mortar (mot)
8 cm FK M5 (static)

British
Infantry Recon (Soft-HT]
Priest (tracked)
Warspite [Battleship]

British AB
50mm-75mm guns (mot) [Captured]
75L16 PH (mot)

This one has been a bit of a pain: most old sources were ridden with errors, typos and propaganda from the war-era (both German and British.) Newer sources and careful examination of data were needed to complete this one under my standard.
Notes I think will reach 20+ pages, that gives you an idea of the magnitude of changes. You will notice more map changes than anything I've do until now (if you excluse unrelease Tunisia). I hope you enjoy the plethora of new names, corrections and terrain features.

With that one my mediterranean trilogy is finished: Anzio, Tunisia (will be delivered with the Tunisia'43 Hi-Res patch) and Sicily now.

Sicily took me about 5 months, I was expecting something like this, a lot of bibliography was read and that needs time.

Next stop is Stalingrad. A monster. I've been gathering data about errors and missing things for years so I've a solid start here. There is a lot to read I want to make the most historical game I can.
I can tell you you will likely be surprised by what I found and others have research. The flanks around Chir river will show a lot of new things, right flank of PzAOK.4 also with so many previously unknown (to me at least) KG and Battlegroups in the Steppes...
The weakned state of the 6th Army (and the defenders of Stalingrad) on November 19 will scary any german player. The Rumanians will also likely surprise you. Also plenty of research on the Soviet side, as you will see.

I will post my advances about Stalingrad, hopefully more often.
04-19-2021, 05:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-19-2021, 05:26 PM by Fhil.)
Great news regarding the Stalingrad work César!

That campaign is way too far from the real situation :/ A,B quality German units without any logistics problems, well supplied and without fatigue, not speaking about all the OOB errors etc. The only playable scenarios are those small ones, HTH approved, and the Winter Storm scenario. There is definitely a lot of new sources since it was released. Really looking forward to your take on it!

I´ve been working on an early campaign - Don battles in July/August myself for quite some time now, though the truth is I was not very productive since the new year. We might share some stuff, like before  Helmet Wink