• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Indragnir's mods: News, files, updates, teasers, bug fixing and ramblings.
08-13-2020, 08:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-16-2023, 05:44 PM by Indragnir.)
Write a Note  Indragnir's mods: News, files, updates, teasers, bug fixing and ramblings.
Hi,

Inspired by an earlier thread I decided to create a thread (tittle is self-explanatory). I will post in this thread all relative to my mods.

Use the link below for any update to my mods that come with the WDS installers. That folders contains only the files needed for updating the scenario.
The exception here is the updated files for Normandy Grand Campaign scenario which is not with ANY installer. You can download the old mod here at The Blitz.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/urglazansod9z...xIg-a?dl=0

Now the teasing!
[Image: JCWt3nS.jpg]

[Image: 8TWECuk.jpg]

Bests
Indragnir/César
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2020, 07:40 AM,
RE: Indragnir's mods: News, files, updates, teasers, bug fixing and ramblings.
Thank you Cesar!
[Image: exercise.png]
08-17-2020, 02:34 PM,
Wouldn't it be good to sticky it?
This is already or will surely be official PC stuff.
08-18-2020, 12:55 AM,
(08-17-2020, 02:34 PM)BigDuke66 Wrote: Wouldn't it be good to sticky it?
This is already or will surely be official PC stuff.

Good idea. Let's see if the moderators agree.
08-25-2020, 07:24 PM,
215mm 44M Buzogányvető (aka Mace Thrower)

A 3 man crew weapon. Produced in the factories of Budapest, about 600 to 700 were produced and widely used in the Siege. Used as anti-infantry and anti-fortification weapon mainly due the scarce number of russian tanks. Weapon had a anti-personal warhead (Zápor  or Rainfall) with a range of 1200-2000 meters and 4.2 kg of HE. It was regarded as one of the most effective anti-tank platforms used in WWII since it could penetrate 300mm of armor up to 1 km.

[Image: INNxObc.jpg]

[Image: 2vchvIX.jpg]
08-26-2020, 06:13 AM,
Crazy stuff, but I doubt about the effectiveness. Penetration is impressive but I don't see any tailplane so precision must have been awful.
08-26-2020, 06:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-26-2020, 06:02 PM by Indragnir.)
(08-26-2020, 06:13 AM)BigDuke66 Wrote: Crazy stuff, but I doubt about the effectiveness. Penetration is impressive but I don't see any tailplane so precision must have been awful.

Both types were spin-stabilized.
Sources say it was somewhat effective. The weapon had a maximum range of 2000 meters and a effecitve range of 500 to 1200 meters, that's not bad, however they made a small number (600 to 700) and almost all were used in Budapest (where the main factory were located) so once the Soviet took the factory (20th December 1944) no more were made.

I've found more crazy stuff... italian tanks (and Semovente da 75/34... and Autoblinda 41) under 12. Polizei-Panzer-Kompanie in Budapest. Even armored trolley cars.
09-09-2020, 08:27 PM,
Hi,

Here are the updates to:
Korsun v1.01
Anzio v1.05 (from v1.0)
Korea v1.0a (very minor but impactful: infantry both sides have trucks for mobility)

I want to thank Mike Avanzini, David 'Strela' Freer and Bob 'Revrico' Riconda for their help in the updates.

Check the link below for the files:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/urglazansod9z...xIg-a?dl=0
09-20-2020, 08:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-20-2020, 10:15 PM by Indragnir.)
Hi,
Research on the OoB and scenario for Budapest'45 is finished. Notes doc will reach 35+ more pages!

Here I bring you the last two rare units:

Russian Gunboats (MBK-321 class) armed with T-34/76 turrets!
[Image: ym7c7L1.gif]

Hungarian 2nd Danube Flotilla that fought as infantry mainly in Pest (they sunk their boats). Still using MG08 machine guns from the boats. A cumbersome relic from the first world war.
[Image: wpuq5aE.jpg]

Mod won't be released for playing until LVP build is available.

Budapest'45 is, in fact, 3 battles linked and without LVP you need a ton of house rules to safe a (somewhat) historical play. 
If there is not expiration dates for some VP it's likely some forces around those VP could be sent elsewhere imbalancing another area(s). Withdrawls are set as per historical withdrawls, if no expiration date is given it could imbalance the whole game. Besides you would have to check when the expiration dates on VP will happen and both players should note them, modifiying the victory dialog according to the notes instead of following the game levels.
IMO it's too cumbersome. So it's better waiting for LVP.

However I'm up releasing the files (once I'm done and with no VP) for you to review and help squashing errors and questions etc.
Final version, provided WDS approval, would be included into Budapest'45 Gold once they roll out the next patch for the game.
09-21-2020, 04:54 AM,
Sounds great!