• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Indragnir's mods: News, files, updates, teasers, bug fixing and ramblings.
08-06-2022, 07:43 PM,
RE: Indragnir's mods: News, files, updates, teasers, bug fixing and ramblings.
Stalingrad'42 Variant is ready to download! Hope you enjoy.

Please report to me anything that seems an error/bug.

link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/urglazansod9z...xIg-a?dl=0
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2022, 06:13 AM,
What a fantastic scenario, it seems to be very, very accurate in regards to the OOB and I like that a lot. Also the new Limited Objectives make a lot of sense and are a nice addition. However, for some reason when I want to review the Objectives in the Objectives Dialog, I cannot properly see the Rumanian ones, since the coordinates and the VP Value is positioned more to the right of the screen than with the german ones. Therefore I cannot see when those Objectives expire since that is cut off by the dialog screen.
And I noticed that the soviet regimental gun units (those with the combined 76mm Guns and 120mm Mortars) seem to be missing their unit art. An exampel of this unit can be found in hex 16,55.
08-08-2022, 07:33 AM,
(08-08-2022, 06:13 AM)Dodo98 Wrote: What a fantastic scenario, it seems to be very, very accurate in regards to the OOB and I like that a lot. Also the new Limited Objectives make a lot of sense and are a nice addition. However, for some reason when I want to review the Objectives in the Objectives Dialog, I cannot properly see the Rumanian ones, since the coordinates and the VP Value is positioned more to the right of the screen than with the german ones. Therefore I cannot see when those Objectives expire since that is cut off by the dialog screen.
And I noticed that the soviet regimental gun units (those with the combined 76mm Guns and 120mm Mortars) seem to be missing their unit art. An exampel of this unit can be found in hex 16,55.

Thank you for the review.

Objectives Dialog: I can see them in my monitor (25") but also I can see they're displaced to the left and I don't know why. I think it's not related to the mod but some strange interaction between Rumanian VP and LVP system?
I can provide a pdf with expiring Rumanian LVP if that helps.

Regimental guns: You mean Guards ones right? art is now added to Russian-Guards folder to download. Are you missing Russian (non guards units) also? the art is in the folder so just asking.
08-08-2022, 08:35 AM,
It would be great if you could provide a pdf with a list of the expiring VPs. Apparently my screen size (I use a laptop) is not enough to overcome this strange bug in the game engine.

Yes I meant the Guard ones. I downloaded your updated folder and now the art is there. The non guard Russian art is fine, haven't noticed a missing picture yet.
08-08-2022, 07:17 PM,
(08-06-2022, 07:43 PM)Indragnir Wrote: Stalingrad'42 Variant is ready to download! Hope you enjoy.

Please report to me anything that seems an error/bug.

link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/urglazansod9z...xIg-a?dl=0

Hi Indragnir. I've read through the OOB changes and notes in the pdf but I'll re read them again now that I've downloaded the scenario. I'll find out how the pdt changes work when I start pushing counters about.

I notice that there is weather.dat in the download. I checked to see if it was different from the one in WDS 4.00 and found that there isn't one in the standard game? I checked my JTS game folder and there is one there dated 2008 but I've used this for a lot of mods so I'm not sure if my JTS 2.01 Gold came with it or not? They are both the same by the way.
08-08-2022, 07:37 PM,
(08-08-2022, 08:35 AM)Dodo98 Wrote: It would be great if you could provide a pdf with a list of the expiring VPs. Apparently my screen size (I use a laptop) is not enough to overcome this strange bug in the game engine.

Yes I meant the Guard ones. I downloaded your updated folder and now the art is there. The non guard Russian art is fine, haven't noticed a missing picture yet.

Stalingrad LVP Rumanian pdf added to the Stalingrad folder.

Also notice Luftwaffe LVP are positioned to the very left, it doesn't cause any concern but seems another glitch.
09-18-2022, 10:07 AM,
Regarding the Sicily Campaign Variant, it was brought up by my opponent that he thought there should be some way to exit Axis units from the map/island. After all, the Axis managed to evacuate some 60,000 German and 75,000 Italian personnel (not all combat units of course) between 11 and 17 August. Is there any way to exit units from the map?
09-19-2022, 06:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-19-2022, 06:47 PM by Indragnir.)
(09-18-2022, 10:07 AM)LordDeadwood Wrote: Regarding the Sicily Campaign Variant, it was brought up by my opponent that he thought there should be some way to exit Axis units from the map/island. After all, the Axis managed to evacuate some 60,000 German and 75,000 Italian personnel (not all combat units of course) between 11 and 17 August. Is there any way to exit units from the map?

Unfortunately the engine only allow off map using map edges (that's the sea in Sicily.) The engine cannot replicate ferrying units like Germans did.
I get your point. I can edit the map and extened the land of Sicily one hex to the north to reach map edge.
It's totaly a-historical since the map is right. Maybe I can call it Variant 2: Land's Edge. That way players can choose.

Edit: Done, you can download it. Link on the first post. It's Variant 2 scenario and Map updated2 files.
09-24-2022, 10:01 AM,
(09-19-2022, 06:39 PM)Indragnir Wrote:
(09-18-2022, 10:07 AM)LordDeadwood Wrote: Regarding the Sicily Campaign Variant, it was brought up by my opponent that he thought there should be some way to exit Axis units from the map/island. After all, the Axis managed to evacuate some 60,000 German and 75,000 Italian personnel (not all combat units of course) between 11 and 17 August. Is there any way to exit units from the map?

Unfortunately the engine only allow off map using map edges (that's the sea in Sicily.) The engine cannot replicate ferrying units like Germans did.
I get your point. I can edit the map and extened the land of Sicily one hex to the north to reach map edge.
It's totaly a-historical since the map is right. Maybe I can call it Variant 2: Land's Edge. That way players can choose.

Edit: Done, you can download it. Link on the first post. It's Variant 2 scenario and Map updated2 files.
Hmm... France '40 allows the Allied player to evacuate units from Dunkerque and from beach hexes along the coast. They are also awarded VP for units so evacuated. Seems like that would be worth looking at for Sicily.
09-24-2022, 11:19 AM,
I think it simply requires being adjacent to impassable hexes to have an exit hex. But I may be thinking of withdrawal off the map from an edge hex?
[Image: exercise.png]