• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

What are you SB guys looking for?
08-07-2020, 12:11 PM,
RE: What are you SB guys looking for?
As you know Mike, I'm just getting into this game. There is no denying the fact that you and I have a long long history with the Campaign Series and a good history!! Smile

I like very much what you are doing now with the 2D graphics especially in AotR and Forgotten War. Superb!! The addition of the Norwegians and Ethiopians to AotR are above and beyond the call IMHO. I enjoy our Forgotten war SOSA team game and out test of the Greeks vs the Italians in AotR going on right now.

We have talked, as you know, in length in the past about conversion of some of my old ASL scenarios to SB. Though they were written eons ago when I was a younger man, I still think the SB games lend themselves very well to a lot of the old ASL stuff. In the same breath some of the Campaign Series game stuff would work too, provided its a small CS scenario converted to SB.  Brigades fighting it out in SB would be crazy at best!

What I would like to see:

1) Better top down vehicle graphics. The ones you are working on now are a huge step in the right direction.

2) More and more and more scenarios. (Step up here SB guys).

3) Not in your park Mike and its beyond your capability. But the map editor falls way short. Sorry I am spoiled by the map editor in the Campaign Series Games.

4) Everyone can always need new equipment!!

5) I know this is way beyond what your trying to do here Mike with SB! But maybe somebody from Tiller will listen. How about Armor facing and armor leaders?

6) Viewing organizations on the map IMO are kind of clunky. Again maybe an upgrade on the engine from Tiller is needed. The highlighting by company or alternate markings or organization viewing are pretty poor IMO.

Tigers on the Hunt from Matrix is a game that depicts squad battle very well. As you know its kind of like ASL but in the same sentence you and I agreed it needs some more work because it seems clunky. 

Squad Battles is not as clunky, but it suffers sometimes from boredom because you can have squads all over the playing board in good order, disrupted, pinned and demoralized and not doing a damn thing to help themselves! Also the "On the ground" thingy is excessive. If all the troops in WWII spent as much time on the ground as the platoons do in SB the war would still be going on today.

Other issues we can get into at a later time are unit movement and fire combat. I've poured a butt load of firepower into an enemy hex and the enemy is still living!!!!!????? They haven't scattered all over the damn place? They are not dead? Hmmm something is a miss there I think.

Thanks for what you do Mike trying to make this game better!

Big Ivan Cigar5
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What are you SB guys looking for? - by Warhorse - 08-07-2020, 11:00 AM
RE: What are you SB guys looking for? - by Big Ivan - 08-07-2020, 12:11 PM
RE: What are you SB guys looking for? - by Sean - 08-07-2020, 01:07 PM
RE: What are you SB guys looking for? - by GWolf - 08-08-2020, 01:44 AM
RE: What are you SB guys looking for? - by GWolf - 08-08-2020, 11:21 AM
RE: What are you SB guys looking for? - by gabeeg - 08-08-2020, 01:08 PM
RE: What are you SB guys looking for? - by kolc - 08-10-2020, 10:21 AM
RE: What are you SB guys looking for? - by gabeeg - 08-11-2020, 12:51 PM
RE: What are you SB guys looking for? - by todk - 08-17-2020, 06:52 AM