• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New JTS NAP Updates Released
08-01-2020, 11:30 PM,
RE: New JTS NAP Updates Released
Success !

Many thanks for your help Rahamy..(be grateful you have only had to deal with me today....I have had 55 years of putting up with me !)

All the best

Ian
"I may not agree with what you say but will defend to the death your right to say it"
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2020, 08:35 PM,
Will Campaign Marengo be updated as well? :-)
Currently I find most difficult to find paths in woods hexes.
08-10-2020, 11:06 PM,
Yes, they all will...with the engine and new 2D graphics... only 4 titles are getting the 3D maps as of now...
08-11-2020, 08:27 PM,
(08-10-2020, 11:06 PM)rahamy Wrote: Yes, they all will...with the engine and new 2D graphics... only 4 titles are getting the 3D maps as of now...

I play almost exclusively 2D Wink
08-24-2020, 06:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-24-2020, 06:19 AM by rahamy.)
(08-01-2020, 08:39 PM)devoncop Wrote:
(08-01-2020, 07:43 PM)rahamy Wrote: Hi Ian,

The most common problem I have seen is that a "nested" folder is created...for example:

C:\John Tiller Software\Napoleon's Russian Campaign\Maps\Maps

The correct location of the files should be:

C:\John Tiller Software\Napoleon's Russian Campaign\Maps

Check that...you can simply drag and drop them to the correct location in File Explorer. If you continue to have issues you can write me at the [email protected]  account.

Don't have anyone who hasn't got them working yet...

Hi Rahamy

Many thanks for bothering to reply at the weekend !

That file location does not seem to exist so I have uninstalled and will reinstall the game in an attempt to sort things out.

As a matter of interest do you know why the new maps are not the default when we purchase the game unlike Waterloo or the ACW games ?

Thanks again

Ian

(I will let you know how I get on)
08-24-2020, 06:20 AM,
We had to go back and issue "a" updates for all the games that had been updated due to 2 problems we found...
All of the "a" updates have been posted now, so we'll move on to the remaining games updates, likely releasing three more next weekend:

http://www.johntillersoftware.com/Updates.html
08-24-2020, 06:26 PM,
Very, very minor quibble, would be nice if you can keep the line indentation in the changes files consistant.
08-26-2020, 07:52 PM,
(08-24-2020, 06:26 PM)LarkinVB Wrote: Very, very minor quibble, would be nice if you can keep the line indentation in the changes files consistant.

I agree Henrik! No idea why it is doing that... I'm creating and editing the files in a plain text editor (UltraEdit), but still some lines are skewed... will circle back to it when I have time and figure it out.
08-27-2020, 06:30 AM,
(08-26-2020, 07:52 PM)rahamy Wrote:
(08-24-2020, 06:26 PM)LarkinVB Wrote: Very, very minor quibble, would be nice if you can keep the line indentation in the changes files consistant.

I agree Henrik! No idea why it is doing that... I'm creating and editing the files in a plain text editor (UltraEdit), but still some lines are skewed... will circle back to it when I have time and figure it out.

The misaligned lines are a mix of spaces and tabs whereas the old format was just spaces.
Don't know UltraEdit but I'm happy with Notepad++ which can display tabs/spaces.
08-27-2020, 06:39 AM,
Thanks Rich!