• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New JTS NAP Updates Released
07-30-2020, 09:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-30-2020, 09:45 AM by Compass Rose.)
a_Arrow  New JTS NAP Updates Released
From JTS website...

Napoleonic Battles Updates

We continue to roll out updates for the Napoleonic Battles series.

This is a major update implementing a 2D & 3D* Graphics overhaul and many new engine enhancements.

This process is bringing all the games in the series up to the same level.

In this round the following games are 1814, Bautzen, Eckmuhl, Jena, Wagram and the Russian Campaign.

Grab them on the Updates Page. *Only select titles will receive the new 3D maps with this round of updates.

http://johntillersoftware.com/Updates.html
Quote this message in a reply
07-30-2020, 04:40 PM,
RE: New JTS NAP Updates Released
Do these updates bring the games up to the same graphical standard a as the ACW titles ?
"I may not agree with what you say but will defend to the death your right to say it"
07-31-2020, 01:20 AM,
(07-30-2020, 09:45 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: From JTS website...

Napoleonic Battles Updates

We continue to roll out updates for the Napoleonic Battles series.

This is a major update implementing a 2D & 3D* Graphics overhaul and many new engine enhancements.

This process is bringing all the games in the series up to the same level.

In this round the following games are 1814, Bautzen, Eckmuhl, Jena, Wagram and the Russian Campaign.

Grab them on the Updates Page. *Only select titles will receive the new 3D maps with this round of updates.

http://johntillersoftware.com/Updates.html

Hello,

Is anyone else having any issues with the updates?  For Campaign 1814 I downloaded the update file 1.05, and updated the game.  When I go into the game, it says I am at 1.04 still.  The map looks like the updated version though.  I had no issues with any of the other updates, all updated with no issues.   Just seeing if anyone else has run into issues with Campaign 1814 too.   

Thanks for the help.

Ryan
08-01-2020, 05:23 AM,
It's just a mistake. It should read 1.05. Mine also says 1.04.  The artwork and all the new engine changes have been installed.
08-01-2020, 06:35 AM,
1814 update was recompiled this morning, so the About box is fixed.
08-01-2020, 06:59 AM,
(08-01-2020, 06:35 AM)rahamy Wrote: 1814 update was recompiled this morning, so the About box is fixed.

Thank you all for reply and update, I figured the update was correct, was just confirming.
08-01-2020, 04:32 PM,
I was hoping that if I bought the Napoleon in Russia campaign given it has the new maps that those maps would be the default on launch as they are in the ACW games but it is not the case.

I have extracted the separate download for the new maps and put the folder into the maps subfolder but I cannot get the game to display the new maps even after ticking the "hand drawn maps" option in game.....(yes I am a bit of a doofus with understanding modding but that is why I waited until the new maps were done and assumed the game on sale would automatically include them......my bad)

Any idea what I am not doing to get the new graphics to play ?

Cheers

Ian
"I may not agree with what you say but will defend to the death your right to say it"
08-01-2020, 07:43 PM,
Hi Ian,

The most common problem I have seen is that a "nested" folder is created...for example:

C:\John Tiller Software\Napoleon's Russian Campaign\Maps\Maps

The correct location of the files should be:

C:\John Tiller Software\Napoleon's Russian Campaign\Maps

Check that...you can simply drag and drop them to the correct location in File Explorer. If you continue to have issues you can write me at the [email protected] account.

Don't have anyone who hasn't got them working yet...
08-01-2020, 08:36 PM,
(08-01-2020, 04:32 PM)devoncop Wrote: I was hoping that if I bought the Napoleon in Russia campaign given it has the new maps that those maps would be the default on launch as they are in the ACW games but it is not the case.

I have extracted the separate download for the new maps and put the folder into the maps subfolder but I cannot get the game to display the new maps even after ticking the "hand drawn maps" option in game.....(yes I am a bit of a doofus with understanding modding but that is why I waited until the new maps were done and assumed the game on sale would automatically include them......my bad)

Any idea what I am not doing to get the new graphics to play ?

Cheers

Ian
08-01-2020, 08:39 PM,
(08-01-2020, 07:43 PM)rahamy Wrote: Hi Ian,

The most common problem I have seen is that a "nested" folder is created...for example:

C:\John Tiller Software\Napoleon's Russian Campaign\Maps\Maps

The correct location of the files should be:

C:\John Tiller Software\Napoleon's Russian Campaign\Maps

Check that...you can simply drag and drop them to the correct location in File Explorer. If you continue to have issues you can write me at the [email protected]  account.

Don't have anyone who hasn't got them working yet...

Hi Rahamy

Many thanks for bothering to reply at the weekend !

That file location does not seem to exist so I have uninstalled and will reinstall the game in an attempt to sort things out.

As a matter of interest do you know why the new maps are not the default when we purchase the game unlike Waterloo or the ACW games ?

Thanks again

Ian

(I will let you know how I get on)