• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Rommel Takes The Suez Canal Version 2.0 Updated
08-26-2020, 02:30 AM,
RE: Rommel Takes The Suez Canal Version 2.0 Updated
(08-25-2020, 12:43 PM)Scud Wrote:
(08-23-2020, 02:21 PM)zap Wrote: So, I discovered, if I take out just one file either the .org file. or map file. The scenario won't crash That tells me my rig can'take the data in the scenario? How can that be when I have so much memory 16 Gig. and an i7 motherboard? the question is what can I do on my end to resolve this issue?

I doubt it's your computer. I7 and 16 gigs is WAY more than this game was meant for back in 1998 and not much has changed. You could update your graphics card driver if you're using one, but it sounds like more of a corruption. Is Dan's file the only one you're having an issue with? If so, delete the old files and download it again. After that if you're still suspicious of your computer then I would say to update all your drivers. IObit has a free driver checker/updater that works well. I'd update each driver one at a time in case there's an issue. The application has a rollback feature if you do. Also, make a restore point before you do anything, just in case. I've used it and was very impressed. It even has a game mode that automatically kills background processes that might interfere when you're playing: https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php

Dave

Thanks Dave.

So I took out the scenario files and re-installed. Same result. Then I updated my 1060 NVIDIA 4meg card also Intel video and sound then I re-installed scenario files did not work. 

So I'm now thinking I may be missing a WF file as Dan has been discussing in his post. I'm wondering if someone can tell me which ones I could look for that might be the cause.

I think your suggestion IObit was a good one. It found and repaired some data issues. The booster found many updates needed. I was able to install several. However, the Intel updates caused issues with my computer. I had to use the restore point to get computer use back.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rommel Takes The Suez Canal Version 2.0 Updated - by zap - 08-26-2020, 02:30 AM