• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Rommel Takes The Suez Canal Version 2.0 Updated - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Campaign Series (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Rommel Takes The Suez Canal Version 2.0 Updated (/showthread.php?tid=73682)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Rommel Takes The Suez Canal Version 2.0 Updated - Dan Caviness - 07-21-2020

Hello Gents:

If you just want to have some fun, this hypothetical gives all 4 players a mobile and deadly force to maneuver.
My best work so far.

Regards,

Dan

RE: Rommel Takes The Suez Canal Version 2.0 Updated - Ashcloud - 07-21-2020

(07-21-2020, 06:54 AM)Dan Caviness Wrote: Hello Gents:

If you just want to have some fun, this hypothetical gives all 4 players a mobile and deadly force to maneuver.
My best work so far.

Regards,

Dan

Can we get a link?

RE: Rommel Takes The Suez Canal Version 2.0 Updated - Dan Caviness - 08-09-2020

Ash...hello my friend...and yes I believe I may be able to attach a link...crosses fingers...

https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/the-matrix-games-version-of-west-front/rommel-takes-the-suez-canal-1944/b-15.htm?action=scenario&id=13101

I don't think that link is active...sorry...I am old...but it's located in the Scenario section...about page 34 or so...

You can also shoot me your email...it's been awhile...and I can email them to you.

Regards,

Dan

RE: Rommel Takes The Suez Canal Version 2.0 Updated - Dan Caviness - 08-09-2020

Hey...the link works!!!
Who says you can't teach old dinosaurs new tricks...;)

RE: Rommel Takes The Suez Canal Version 2.0 Updated - Ashcloud - 08-10-2020

(08-09-2020, 11:47 PM)Dan Caviness Wrote: Hey...the link works!!!
Who says you can't teach old dinosaurs new tricks...;)

Much appreciation, good to hear from you. Thank you for indulging my obsessive collecting habit.

I look forward to your future creations, the Rising Sun particularly needs attention.

Best regards,
Ash

RE: Rommel Takes The Suez Canal Version 2.0 Updated - Dan Caviness - 08-12-2020

Hello Ashman:

You're right...the Rising Sun is a somewhat "neglected" branch of the CS series.
It's evident with the OOB.  Many units have issues.

I'm still hoping Jason might get back to me...I've had to resort to turning Armor Facing OFF in order to get the Japanese landing craft to work.  With Facing ON...they have a defense of ZERO...and that won't do!

It's been fun researching the WW2 San Francisco Bay Area as well.
It was a hornets' nest of Army bases, Navy bases, Liberty shipyards, Ford plant making Shermans, GMC, etc.

A far cry from the navel contemplating, peace loving bunch of hippies I grew up with... Salute

I hope you find the desert scenario enjoyable.
Good to hear from you Ash.

Regards,

Old Man Dan

RE: Rommel Takes The Suez Canal Version 2.0 Updated - Ashcloud - 08-12-2020

(08-12-2020, 01:01 AM)Dan Caviness Wrote: Hello Ashman:

You're right...the Rising Sun is a somewhat "neglected" branch of the CS series.
It's evident with the OOB.  Many units have issues.

I'm still hoping Jason might get back to me...I've had to resort to turning Armor Facing OFF in order to get the Japanese landing craft to work.  With Facing ON...they have a defense of ZERO...and that won't do!

It's been fun researching the WW2 San Francisco Bay Area as well.
It was a hornets' nest of Army bases, Navy bases, Liberty shipyards, Ford plant making Shermans, GMC, etc.

A far cry from the navel contemplating, peace loving bunch of hippies I grew up with... Salute

I hope you find the desert scenario enjoyable.
Good to hear from you Ash.

Regards,

Old Man Dan

Hi Dan,

I am always available with my limited skills for testing. I can also spend hours researching OOB's and first hand accounts.

Best regards,
Ash

RE: Rommel Takes The Suez Canal Version 2.0 Updated - Dan Caviness - 08-13-2020

Be careful what you volunteer for...I'm penciling you in for the RS/San Francisco testgame...;)

RE: Rommel Takes The Suez Canal Version 2.0 Updated - Ashcloud - 08-13-2020

(08-13-2020, 12:07 AM)Dan Caviness Wrote: Be careful what you volunteer for...I'm penciling you in for the RS/San Francisco testgame...;)

Ready, waiting and willing.

RE: Rommel Takes The Suez Canal Version 2.0 Updated - Crossroads - 08-16-2020

Wow, awesome! Desert Storm the Prequel!