• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Rommel Takes The Suez Canal Version 2.0 Updated
08-21-2020, 09:38 AM,
RE: Rommel Takes The Suez Canal Version 2.0 Updated
Never thought of it that way...but you're right!
We'll call it a "dress rehearsal" eh?

I will tell you...it's a tank whore's dream...but that is probably racist...or is it sexist?
I can't keep up anymore...we'll call it tank prostitute...and yes I am one of those prostitutes....lol...
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2020, 10:18 AM,
Dan, radar man!!

I took a look at that scenario....

Do you have a waking life for 16 hours other than the Campaign Series?

I am truly impressed. You have a lot going on in that scenario just by the troops that are on the board........

It is tough to do, but a four man team game consolidated on a 1 hour Video would be epic. Of course plastered all over YouTube!!

Its just like your breakout scenario in Normandy, this one is cut from the same jib!

John Wink
08-21-2020, 12:47 PM,
Dan when I open your scenario. I get as far selecting both sides for manual, then clicked the button to start the game. Then it kicked me out to a quick black screen and back then to my desktop. It has happened twice now I reloaded the download and same result. 

I know I have enough power and memory. i7 875 with 16 gig memory.

Have any ideas?
08-21-2020, 11:01 PM,
That's weird zap. I don't have that issue.

I started 2 separate games, one as the Axis and the other as the Allies. In both cases they took a few seconds to load (Its a big scenario) but then kicked in and all was fine.

Not sure at this point what is going on with your rig. Good Luck!!
08-21-2020, 11:21 PM,
I have also tested both sides and it opens fine (except for a little graphic error notice - that I am trying to figure out). Otherwise all is working well on my side.
Send this user an email
08-22-2020, 01:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-22-2020, 01:18 AM by zap.)
My guess is something to do with my WF files folder missing something. But I really don't want to reload the game because of all the custon scenarios I have in the folders will be lost. I used CCLEANER of to clean registry and all files. Just in case there was something that was affecting the games. Then, I downloaded one more time. Same process occurred, it tried to open the game. took a little longer before I was booted back to desktop.
All games scenarios open in CS, without issues. Perplexed.
08-22-2020, 01:54 AM,
(08-22-2020, 01:14 AM)zap Wrote: My guess is something to do with my WF files folder missing something. But I really don't want to reload the game because of all the custon scenarios I have in the folders will be lost. I used CCLEANER of to clean registry and all files. Just in case there was something that was affecting the games. Then, I downloaded one more time. Same process occurred, it tried to open the game. took a little longer before I was booted back to desktop.

Try it in RS not WF.
Send this user an email
08-22-2020, 01:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-22-2020, 02:37 AM by zap.)
Okay so I looked in my WF files. I found the scenario files placed at the top of my file folder. That is because the file has two !! before the file name. These game files are located where my active opponents game scenarios with the !! before the file name. I'm going to eliminate the exclamation marks to see if that makes a difference.
The scenario showed but with an error message no map file also error no .org I guess i will put the two exclamation points back.

So, now I think it has something to do with the placement of these files in my folder
08-22-2020, 02:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-22-2020, 09:08 AM by zap.)
(08-22-2020, 01:54 AM)Ashcloud Wrote:
(08-22-2020, 01:14 AM)zap Wrote: My guess is something to do with my WF files folder missing something. But I really don't want to reload the game because of all the custon scenarios I have in the folders will be lost. I used CCLEANER of to clean registry and all files. Just in case there was something that was affecting the games. Then, I downloaded one more time. Same process occurred, it tried to open the game. took a little longer before I was booted back to desktop.

Try it in RS not WF.

The game shell showed up in RS  but I received the following the error message. says missing map file and .org file. The same happened loading it into EF.

If I could identify what file youall have that I'm missing Icould insert the missing file in my CS folder
08-23-2020, 02:21 PM,
So, I discovered, if I take out just one file either the .org file. or map file. The scenario won't crash That tells me my rig can'take the data in the scenario? How can that be when I have so much memory 16 Gig. and an i7 motherboard? the question is what can I do on my end to resolve this issue?