• Downloads

Middle East Tournament
08-06-2020, 08:09 AM,
RE: Middle East Tournament
(08-05-2020, 12:22 PM)Scud Wrote: If the name is acceptable:

[Image: ME-2020-home.jpg]

...and:

[Image: medal.png] 

We can get going soon. I think a start date of August 15? Shall we go with the Eric Bonner Tourney rules? Also, many of the ME scenarios specify extreme assault. I say we go with what the designer specified, or if nothing specified, then no EA.

Speaking of scenarios, I found 9 scenarios never played, plus a handful never played and no briefing notes, so a real crapshoot. Only a few mention the timeframe. I think if no one cares and for the sake of simplicity, we should just do a mirror tournament and double elimination. That OK with everyone?

Dave
  I'll vote for Pursuit too   Whistle
 mirror is good, as is double elimination
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2020, 08:25 AM,
Looks good to me!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
08-06-2020, 09:19 AM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: Middle East Tournament
Eyes to your front - mark your target.
Fire on Command.
Tunic - button up.

Helmet Smile
08-06-2020, 11:24 AM,
ОК, так пусть будет написано! Так что пусть это будет сделано. Wink
08-06-2020, 12:45 PM,
above,

so let it be written, so let it be done. Wink
08-06-2020, 11:14 PM,
Be advised: We should be gone to Florida for my little brother's wedding. Don't know why they are making such a big deal out of it. It's his third and at least her second. They've been living together for 8 years already. If it was me, go the the JP and save the money in case we may need it or have the extra for our honeymoon or vacation. I haven't had to worry about that for awhile. We celebrated our 38th Anniversary a couple of days ago.
08-07-2020, 04:10 AM,
(08-06-2020, 11:14 PM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: Be advised:  We should be gone to Florida for my little brother's wedding.  Don't know why they are making such a big deal out of it.  It's his third and at least her second.  They've been living together for 8 years already.  If it was me, go the the JP and save the money in case we may need it or have the extra for our honeymoon or vacation.  I haven't had to worry about that for awhile.  We celebrated our 38th Anniversary a couple of days ago.

Yep, I'm aware, I'll factor in extra playing time especially since it's summer and people might be vacationing.
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
08-14-2020, 05:16 AM,
The tournament can begin. We're jumping off a little early, but I seriously doubt there will be any more signups. If there are I'll add them in as alternates.

Note that there are byes for the first round in a double-elim 10 team bracket, so only four of you will be playing in the first game. The rest of us have to wait.

I used a bracket randomizer site online to scramble our names for the initial bracket, in case anyone is wondering.

Don't forget to keep track of final scores to help settle draws, so if you each get a minor playing as Side A, whoever is closest to the major will be the winner for purposes of advancement on the bracket.

First scenario and assignments are in the tournament area: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...#pid438319

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
08-14-2020, 11:40 PM,
My 2 Cents  RE: Middle East Tournament
Bastages,... taking a bye!  
Here, the Dev, is boasting of his competence of playing 2 total games of ME, only to find empty cups at the table!
At least Mikey has courage to tango! :P

Best of luck, folks.. unless your playing me! Then, I hopes your rolls suck, like a Hoover on low speed! Big Grin

Til the sand stops getting in your arse!

Glory!
/Dev
Jester
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
08-17-2020, 05:15 AM,
Boy... sure is quiet out there... Even JohnP hasn't blasted me for shooting off... Guess we're all getting older, and the BP meds are keeping us from "Wild Geese"-ing someone anymore...

RSM Sandy Young: "Get on your feet, you feckin' abortion!"

/Dev