• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

TOC Game sale in July
06-24-2020, 12:45 PM,
RE: TOC Game sale in July
My personal favorites, and why:

Smolensk: Starts with a swirling melee of tanks and motorized infantry, followed by a river line that gets pierced, followed by a race to the next river, with very mobile battles, sieges, etc. Very fun, many outcomes possible.

Tobruk: Not a perrennial favorite with the Blitz, I gather, most likely due to the killer 88s, but a wide open expanse, lots of minefields and balls-to-the-walls fun.

Budapest: Late-war tanks and tech, a fascinating map, attacks and counter-attacks galore.

France '40: C'mon. It's the blitzkrieg, right? Still some fun for the Allies, as long as you're OK with a fighting withdrawal most of the time.

Market-Garden: Not the most open-country, free-wheeling type of combat that the Ostfront provides, but a fun puzzle with many unique aspects to it.
Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2020, 05:03 AM,
(06-24-2020, 12:45 PM)Liebchen Wrote: Tobruk: Not a perrennial favorite with the Blitz, I gather, most likely due to the killer 88s, but a wide open expanse, lots of minefields and balls-to-the-walls fun.

For the first time I am keeping records of games reported against each title for 2020 and one surprise is that so far T41 is doing quite well!  Big Grin
06-25-2020, 05:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-25-2020, 06:05 AM by Kool Kat.)
(06-17-2020, 02:49 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: It might be worth it to pick up Middle East, before the July sale, to check it out and see if you like the series.

https://john-tiller-software.myshopify.c...sale-items

That way you are ready, one way or another, when the sale starts, to help you figure out what to buy.

Gent: Smoke7

You can't judge the MC Series by picking up ME '67! This theater time period is 18 years prior to the Cold War gone hot MC Series!

ME '67 does NOT have:

- Helicopter units
- Chemical and tactical nuclear weapons
- Individual chemical and tactical nuclear weapons
- Artillery mines
- Thermal imaging sights
- Electronic warfare
- Deception units

ME '67 has few mech infantry, surplus WW2 equipment (armor, half tracks, jeeps, etc.), and lots of jeep / truck mounted mortars and AT.

I recommend you purchase Danube Front '85 for a true taste of the MC Series!  Big Grin
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
06-25-2020, 02:23 PM,
(06-25-2020, 05:03 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote:
(06-24-2020, 12:45 PM)Liebchen Wrote: Tobruk: Not a perrennial favorite with the Blitz, I gather, most likely due to the killer 88s, but a wide open expanse, lots of minefields and balls-to-the-walls fun.

For the first time I am keeping records of games reported against each title for 2020 and one surprise is that so far T41 is doing quite well!  Big Grin

Are you up for a game? It's been some years since I've played it.
06-26-2020, 05:26 AM,
No sorry, my playing card overflowed ages ago and I need to complete some games before taking any more on.  Big Grin
06-27-2020, 08:39 PM,
I am playing T 41 against PhilM and having a blast of it