• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Divided Ground
06-30-2020, 07:17 AM,
RE: Divided Ground
(06-29-2020, 04:45 PM)Ashcloud Wrote: Hi Dave,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried this but it still asks for the E Drive which is my DVD drive and not the Virtually Mounted drive. Frustrating me no end.

Ash

I think that's because you installed the game from your CD drive (E). You probably have to install it from whatever virtual drive you create. So, let's say your virtual drive is "H". First you have to put the CD in the CD drive, then use copying software to create an ISO file of the CD to your desktop. Then, mount the ISO file to your new virtual "H" drive and install the game. The virtual drive will consider the ISO file is an actual CD. Now when you play, the game will always check the H drive...I thinkSmile 

Like I said, it's been a long time, but I know it can be done, as I know I did it back in the day.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2020, 05:49 PM,
(06-30-2020, 07:17 AM)Scud Wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried this but it still asks for the E Drive which is my DVD drive and not the Virtually Mounted drive. Frustrating me no end.

Ash

I think that's because you installed the game from your CD drive (E). You probably have to install it from whatever virtual drive you create. So, let's say your virtual drive is "H". First you have to put the CD in the CD drive, then use copying software to create an ISO file of the CD to your desktop. Then, mount the ISO file to your new virtual "H" drive and install the game. The virtual drive will consider the ISO file is an actual CD. Now when you play, the game will always check the H drive...I thinkSmile 

Like I said, it's been a long time, but I know it can be done, as I know I did it back in the day.

Dave

Thanks Dave, I will try that and let you know if it works.
Send this user an email
07-01-2020, 11:03 PM,
(06-30-2020, 05:49 PM)Ashcloud Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 07:17 AM)Scud Wrote:

Ash

Dave

Thanks Dave, I will try that and let you know if it works.

Ok, I couldn't get any of that to work but thanks to some very kind folks I have now received what I need to do the business. Thanks to all concerned.
Send this user an email