• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Spotting with infantry
05-28-2020, 03:56 AM,
Spotting with infantry
Hi guys, I need a little advice regarding spotting with infantry. So my guys are in prone position in a rather open field, with some low vegetation around them providing concealment. Understandably they don't really want to go to kneeling position possibly revealing themself, but I really need to take my chances, because I know there is a tank in front of them, and I need positive ID. How could I make them go kneeling while spotting? I tried giving them the Target armor arc command, switching between hiding and not hiding, but nothing seems to work for several turns now. (They are also well rested...)
Quote this message in a reply
05-30-2020, 04:08 AM,
RE: Spotting with infantry
I think some should kneel on their own. I was sure I had seen that but perhaps I'm wrong. The only other thing I know you can do is move a little. But that might just be temporary. Is there a slightly higher elevation nearby? If so if you slow move them there they might have a better view. If you have to move you could split off a scout team or an AT team depending if you want to engage of just find the tank.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
06-02-2020, 01:03 PM,
I believe a method of getting some of them to kneel/stand up is to give them a move command but pause them for the entire turn. Be aware however that if they do kneel/stand up, they will not only detect the tank better but the tank will detect them better as well!!!
06-05-2020, 01:02 AM,
Thanks for the tips guys! Sadly the terrain is no factor in this case, and there are only 2 of my troops so I can't really split them up either, but that move/pause command combo looks intresting, I'm about to test it :)