• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Combat Results Statistics?
05-19-2020, 05:45 AM,
RE: Combat Results Statistics?
(05-19-2020, 05:13 AM)WargameGeneral Wrote: I think there is nothing wrong with a bit of number crunching considering the simulation aspect the games are claiming. But everyone has their own approach to the game and that's fine...  Helmet Smile

Most wargames nowadays have a combat results statistics and it should not be too difficult to implement that and develop the product further.

I agree that everyone has their approach and that´s absolutely fine.  Helmet Wink As far as I am aware, JTS is not that big of a company, many guys are probably doing a lot of the job in their spare time, so redirecting their time resources to additional programming that would show the exact calculations of what actually works (I mean that it does not require fixing) just makes the next titles coming out later  Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2020, 05:59 AM,
(05-19-2020, 05:45 AM)Fhil Wrote:
(05-19-2020, 05:13 AM)WargameGeneral Wrote: I think there is nothing wrong with a bit of number crunching considering the simulation aspect the games are claiming. But everyone has their own approach to the game and that's fine...  Helmet Smile

Most wargames nowadays have a combat results statistics and it should not be too difficult to implement that and develop the product further.

I agree that everyone has their approach and that´s absolutely fine.  Helmet Wink As far as I am aware, JTS is not that big of a company, many guys are probably doing a lot of the job in their spare time, so redirecting their time resources to additional programming that would show the exact calculations of what actually works (I mean that it does not require fixing) just makes the next titles coming out later  Big Grin

I have to admit that's a very convincing argument!  Big Grin
05-19-2020, 07:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-19-2020, 07:58 PM by Lowlander. Edit Reason: expand reply )
(05-11-2020, 08:46 AM)WargameGeneral Wrote: Is there a way to log or display the combat results statistics of the individual unit engagements per turn?

This would be a really useful feature to see how the combat calculations are applied and develop tactics accordingly.

Thanks for your feedback!  Helmet Smile

You have too much time on your hands, after all it's only a game, enjoy it.

The only statistics that I am interested in at the moment is the Covid-19 infection rate in my Health Board area which started off at 1/18500 and is now 1/378 chance of winning/infection.

On reflection why don't you learn to create a app for the game tailored to your requirements.
I learned how to mod the graphics and have created thousands of new unit art to suit my requirements.
05-20-2020, 09:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-21-2020, 06:18 AM by Kool Kat.)

Johannes:  Smoke7

Based on the last MC scenario we played, what you most need is experience.  Smile

You need to get several more games under your belt. Learn from your opponents. Look up unfamiliar rules. Ask questions here in the Blitz Forums. 

But if you run tests. Hypothesize theories. Embark in endless debates over minuet details. You can end up analyzing it to death. Number crunching only goes so far.

Embrace it for what it is - a game. It's a pleasant distraction. An escape. A time to enjoy and have fun. 

Remember to take time to actually play it against other opponents!  Wink
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
05-22-2020, 06:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-22-2020, 06:40 AM by WargameGeneral.)
That is certainly true. It's a game and pleasant distraction in unfriendly Corona times...  Smile

And I guess experience and knowing the rules better is key here.

Overall, I am glad that we have a pretty friendly community that welcomes beginners and is happy to explain and assist.
05-22-2020, 01:15 PM,
Good Evening Gentlemen

This post seems to have morphed into what makes a good player. There is no easy answer to that question. I have seem some people who just naturally seem to be better than me. I was never all that good at chess either. Put being able to think ahead, to plan, is pretty important in this series. But for the plodders like me, I believe there is some value in reading the manual and trying to figure out how things work. It continually surprises me that some pretty competent players are unaware of some of the less common parts of the game. I'm not really interested in statistics for statistics sake. But I plead guilty to seeing a phenomenon in the game and then setting up test scenarios to see if my observations are actually correct. And if you want to know how effective a company of 37mm AT guns is against a battalion of T-34s, then set up a scenario and run it over and over again and tabulate the results. For some people, myself included from time to time, that is fun. And it might make you a better player too. Or you can say that is way too tedious for me, and it is pretty tedious, and I will be content from knowing that a company of 37mm AT guns is pretty useless against a battalion of T-34s, at least in terms of causing losses, because that is what I have seen. And I would agree with you, because I have seen it too. And one last point I would make is that I never learned anything I didn't already know from playing against the AI. If you want to get better, play against real people, especially ones that are better than you are.

So I guess I would end up by saying enjoy these games in whatever way brings you enjoyment.

Jeff
05-23-2020, 04:33 AM,
(05-22-2020, 06:39 AM)WargameGeneral Wrote: Overall, I am glad that we have a pretty friendly community that welcomes beginners and is happy to explain and assist.

I agree, when I joined I was pleasantly surprised at how willing the community was to give advice and tips on how to play the game better, others might have played their cards close to their chests to avoid giving this info away, but not here...…. Smile