• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Fatigue Recovery
05-08-2020, 02:11 AM,
RE: Fatigue Recovery
(05-08-2020, 01:20 AM)Xaver Wrote: Well, in PzC cavalry units have lower assault value compared with infantry and with no bonus to be in travel mode to assault you finish using them as a faster but weaker infantry.

Maybe the interesting point is cavalry working as recon units.

And that seems like a good summary of how cavalry was used, in particular by the Soviets!
[Image: exercise.png]
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2020, 04:40 PM,
Just on this topic, if a unit is fired upon by an enemy unit but takes no casualties, will it recover fatigue? Is it the being fired upon which impacts fatigue or the losses?
05-08-2020, 05:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-08-2020, 05:25 PM by ComradeP.)
It's not entirely clear what determines whether a unit recovers Fatigue/losses. There's a check, but the calculations for the check are not shown.

If a unit takes no losses, it may regain Fatigue. IIRC, it also won't gain night fatigue, at least if it's targeted by indirect fire. This was discussed recently, I believe.

In a stack, units not targeted may still recover fatigue/losses, though that might depend on the series and optional rules used. I'll have to do some additional testing. In FWWC, if a stack is targeted by indirect fire the unit(s) that don't take losses may recover Fatigue.
05-08-2020, 05:26 PM,
I have always believed that if the fire is "no effect" then the units would be able regain fatigue, but I have never tested that so other may know better.
05-08-2020, 08:08 PM,
Until i know an unit earn fatigue when an attack over it is successfull because or it suffers casualties or gain fatigue, non effect attacks has no fatigue effects.

Fatigue recovery for me is a dark zone, no idea how works it, is a big ? and sometimes looks very random.

Sometimes i think recover fatigue needs be global, if an unit use action points or is suffering effective attacks not recover 100% fatigue BUT at least recover something because the optional fatigue rule is to much and mantein same restrictions to recover fatigue.

For me actual fatigue system punish a lot small units and defenders and made a defensive line with no bunkers cracks very fast VS an enemy masive concentration of forces with units out of combat days... if they can escape to enemy steamroll, attacker a little less because who attacks decide where and what use with ability to have a more effective reserve management, defender could be forced to stay in an area and be decimated by enemy arty while he needs arty focus in breakpoint.

I am curious how is going to be in Scheltd44 in the moment BOTH sides lacks a lot reserves and units are not on top in quality.

PD: yes, soviet cavalry in the titles appear work very well in the dual role of recon units (they are marked as recon units) and infantry ready to enter in combat, here i find them more flexible and usable than vehicle recon units, yes, they are smaller but you can leave them in screen jobs with ability to use terrain to delay enemy attacks.
05-10-2020, 03:07 AM,
(05-08-2020, 08:08 PM)Xaver Wrote: Until i know an unit earn fatigue when an attack over it is successfull because or it suffers casualties or gain fatigue, non effect attacks has no fatigue effects.

Well with Alternate Indirect Fire selected if a unit is in a targeted hex BUT not effected by the fire it will recover fatigue and men. 

Before artillery...
[Image: 2020-05-09_17h05_10.png]

Artillery....[Image: 2020-05-09_17h51_17.png]

Next turn...
[Image: 2020-05-09_17h04_20.png]

I/3/395th regains a man and fatigue reduces. L/3/395th reduces fatigue. A/612th and AT/3/395th were both hit and gained fatigue...but thnkfully took no losses even though someone forgot to unlimber the A/612th. Doh!

The disrupted German spotters disappear into the dusk.