• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Fatigue Recovery
05-06-2020, 12:28 AM,
Fatigue Recovery
Can't find the answer in any manual so using 'phone a friend'":

Do units in travel mode recover fatigue fast than units in non-travel mode?  Or does it matter?
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2020, 12:43 AM,
RE: Fatigue Recovery
Units in travel mode recover the same amount of fatigue as units in travel mode. Just don't move them/let them change formation, etc.

There is a big randomness factor involved though. Afaik, the recovery is from 0 (!) to "Fatigue Recovery" parameter *2 (*4 at night).

----------------------------
As a sidenote, I noticed that units that rested the last "day" turn recovered the *4 (night conditions) at the start of the first night turn already. Didn't know about that.
05-06-2020, 05:24 AM,
As already stated it does not matter if they are deployed or in T mode, as long as they do not move, dig in or suffer casualties they will recover a variable amount of fatigue (increased at night).

I assume you are talking about PzC or MC ? The only exception is FWWC where cavalry units In T mode are considered "mounted" and will not recover fatigue until they dismount (deploy).
05-06-2020, 11:48 PM,
There should be some cavalry units in PzCs depending on the title. A unit mounted in tanks, trucks or halftracks are good. Units mounted on any animal, motorcycle or bicycle should have to dismount. How it actually works, have to get one of the smart guys to answer.
05-07-2020, 01:33 AM,
A related question: is it possible for a T-mode unit to gain fatigue at night if its only action is to deploy in place without moving to another hex? I've often allowed units with red fatigue levels rest "in their trucks" for fear of increasing their fatigue or interfering with their recovery. Wondering if this caution is necessary.

Thanks,
Mike
Quote:Me and General McAulliffe decided to move I Company up on the line. That is, if you agree.
- SGT Kinnie to PFC Holley, Battleground, 1949
05-07-2020, 01:39 AM,
Any action that uses movement points should lead to night fatigue on the turn afterwards.
05-07-2020, 01:57 AM,
(05-07-2020, 01:39 AM)ComradeP Wrote: Any action that uses movement points should lead to night fatigue on the turn afterwards.

That's what I thought, just wanted to check.

Thanks!
Quote:Me and General McAulliffe decided to move I Company up on the line. That is, if you agree.
- SGT Kinnie to PFC Holley, Battleground, 1949
05-07-2020, 02:03 AM,
Until i remember only FWWI has the rule that mountd units cant recover fatigue, in PzC and MC "mounted units" recover fatigue like an unit deployed.

Here i think is ok in PzC and MC they recover fatigue mounted because in PzC and MC is more the units are in column moving towards a new combat and not ready to "charge" to enemy, here in PzC is not very well represented the shock tactics used for example by the german motorcicle units but in general is a very especific case, for me a mounted unit is moving troops from A to B and if they dont use action points is because they are taking a break, same when you have infantry on foot in travel mode, if you see pictures they are in laterals of roads waiting to move, they are not deployed to fight but are not working hard, they are waiting.
05-07-2020, 05:04 AM,
Yes that is correct, I refer only to cavalry in FWWC which possess special abilities that are not represented with cavalry units in PzC. 

So as far as fatigue is concerned cavalry in PzC use exactly the same rules as other units and would recover an amount of fatigue even if they are in T mode.
05-08-2020, 01:20 AM,
Well, in PzC cavalry units have lower assault value compared with infantry and with no bonus to be in travel mode to assault you finish using them as a faster but weaker infantry.

Maybe the interesting point is cavalry working as recon units.

Returning to fatigue... well, all works more simple in the moment is not a real diference between cavalry and infantry (on foot, mech, motorized...) in this area.