• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Eric Bonner Tourney - Round 5
06-03-2020, 03:52 AM,
RE: Eric Bonner Tourney - Round 5
(06-02-2020, 01:04 PM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: ...Would be a lot better if they could set it up on the blitz so that people could go there and find an opponent to play and when you are done, be right back in the room.

Wouldn't that be great? Unfortunately, The Blitz doesn't have any programmers working for us. Our webmaster, Raz, is busy with real life these days. He can help out in emergencies, but is too busy to deal with wish lists and enhancements.

(06-02-2020, 05:54 AM)Ade670 Wrote: any thoughts to playing the final as a head to head online?

Perhaps a somewhat smaller scenario 10 turns that could be replayed / streamed?

I've played a couple hosted lH2H games and always felt more pressure to make decisions and move one rather than potentially over think it.

Would be good to see if it was possible.
I've played online once, years ago and don't remember how we did it. I do recall it was supposed to be a 2vs2 team game and my partner couldn't get past his firewall issues. I think Dale (Dawags) was on the other team and he knew how to do it, but memory is not great these days. Anyway, we went ahead with me vs the 2 others, still fun, but it can prove challenging if you aren't able to troubleshoot the technical difficulties. If anyone knows how to do it and is willing to tutor, I'd certainly be willing to consider it, provided the final two players would agree. Lotta ifs, though.  Smile
Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2020, 07:32 AM,
(06-03-2020, 03:52 AM)Scud Wrote:
(06-02-2020, 01:04 PM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: ...Would be a lot better if they could set it up on the blitz so that people could go there and find an opponent to play and when you are done, be right back in the room.

Wouldn't that be great? Unfortunately, The Blitz doesn't have any programmers working for us. Our webmaster, Raz, is busy with real life these days. He can help out in emergencies, but is too busy to deal with wish lists and enhancements.

(06-02-2020, 05:54 AM)Ade670 Wrote: any thoughts to playing the final as a head to head online?

Perhaps a somewhat smaller scenario 10 turns that could be replayed / streamed?

I've played a couple hosted lH2H games and always felt more pressure to make decisions and move one rather than potentially over think it.

Would be good to see if it was possible.
I've played online once, years ago and don't remember how we did it. I do recall it was supposed to be a 2vs2 team game and my partner couldn't get past his firewall issues. I think Dale (Dawags) was on the other team and he knew how to do it, but memory is not great these days. Anyway, we went ahead with me vs the 2 others, still fun, but it can prove challenging if you aren't able to troubleshoot the technical difficulties. If anyone knows how to do it and is willing to tutor, I'd certainly be willing to consider it, provided the final two players would agree. Lotta ifs, though.  Smile
Dave

i just remember having to open a port on my router and then join the opponents IP address  - happy to try it with a small scenario if you want to try it out
08-09-2020, 11:52 PM,
Hello Gentlemen:

Not sure why but I can't find the Tourney forums so I will report here that Pete and I fought to a draw. It was closer to my side so I get the "victory".

All in all it was an interesting scenario that requires you tank whores out there to rethink that action...;)

One ho to another...early German tanks SUCK...lol...

Thanks for a great game Pete.

Regards,

Dan