• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Thanks Dave!
04-22-2020, 03:49 AM,
RE: Thanks Dave!
Nonetheless I'm happy someone reported the issue. A security hole like that must be fixed. Since the game is supported (at least not discontinued) by Matrix games I hope they will do that.
04-22-2020, 04:04 AM,
As Berto (CS lead programmer) pointed out in another thread there are no longer any simple fixes for the current game and no additional fixes for the game will be forthcoming.  They are too involved in the new versions of CS.

I don't think it should affect you too much as your reported CS game was a little over 8 years ago.  Helmet Rolleyes

But thank you for coming out of CS retirement to make your opinion known (another H. Balck alias maybe).  Jester

This is CLK TEEHEE signing out.
04-22-2020, 05:23 AM,
(04-22-2020, 04:04 AM)Hawk Kriegsman Wrote: As Berto (CS lead programmer) pointed out in another thread there are no longer any simple fixes for the current game and no additional fixes for the game will be forthcoming.  They are too involved in the new versions of CS.

I don't think it should affect you too much as your reported CS game was a little over 8 years ago.  Helmet Rolleyes

But thank you for coming out of CS retirement to make your opinion known (another H. Balck alias maybe).  Jester

This is CLK TEEHEE signing out.

Erik, that reply tickled my funny bone.
And, what this troll does not understand is that the Officers of the club can see his IP address.
It was how I always knew when a player created a second persona.

I hope they still have that ability. And, use the club's rules to get rid of them.

Farmer

HSL
04-22-2020, 09:08 AM,
All righty. Thank you all again, but I'm shutting this down. I think all that can be said, has been said.

I'll add, though, that when we played the old Avalon Hill games, where all this came from, we had the ability to see our opponents forces the entire game. So if you're seriously concerned, agree to play your opponent, who you suspect is a cheater, with fog-of-war off. Or play another game on another ladder.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email