Thanks Dave!
04-21-2020, 12:01 AM,
Thanks Dave!
Yes, I want to thank you.
Not sarcasm.
Just a simple thanks for watching over the forums. Thumbs Up

Farmer

HSL
04-21-2020, 01:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-21-2020, 01:32 AM by Hawk Kriegsman.)
RE: Thanks Dave!
I agree with Ed!

Thanks Dave!

Also thanks for shutting it down before I lowered my standards and responded yet again to a pointless person. Whistle

Also thanks to all who enjoyed my humor.

CLK  Big Laugh signing out
04-21-2020, 01:43 AM,
Who farted?
What did I miss?...lol...

Never apologize for your passionate approach to the game Hawk.
Hell, a decade or two ago you and I got into it, and it all turned out fine.
We share that passion...and a smart ass attitude...;)

I didn't realize this new cheating method existed, but honestly, if someone wants to cheat, it's on them.

You could tell from the original post someone had his nose out of joint, and why he felt the need to vent at the entire club is beyond me, but IMO you handled it perfectly.

Regards,

Danny Boy
04-21-2020, 02:04 AM,
Replays
My 2 cents is they shouldn't even have replays or at least make replays an optional rule.  Whoever is working the games in the future.  No commander would have that much information in that short amount of time, what, 2-5 minutes? 

Also, hidden, random objectives.  You fight for what you think it is and objectives are revealed at the end.  They may change each time you play that scenario.
04-21-2020, 02:40 AM,
(04-21-2020, 01:43 AM)Dan Caviness Wrote: Who farted?
What did I miss?...lol...

Never apologize for your passionate approach to the game Hawk.
Hell, a decade or two ago you and I got into it, and it all turned out fine.
We share that passion...and a smart ass attitude...;)

I didn't realize this new cheating method existed, but honestly, if someone wants to cheat, it's on them.

You could tell from the original post someone had his nose out of joint, and why he felt the need to vent at the entire club is beyond me, but IMO you handled it perfectly.

Regards,

Danny Boy

See that's what you get if you don't pay attention.   Fun and games.

Good lord it has been a long time since we have been here.  

Yes indeed a good old dust up, shake hands, move forward!

Smart ass attitude??!! Me? Whistle

Thanks for the positive feedback. Big Grin

Will keep on keeping on.

CLK ROTFLMAO signing out.
04-21-2020, 02:45 AM,
RE: Replays
(04-21-2020, 02:04 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: My 2 cents is they shouldn't even have replays or at least make replays an optional rule.  Whoever is working the games in the future.  No commander would have that much information in that short amount of time, what, 2-5 minutes? 

Also, hidden, random objectives.  You fight for what you think it is and objectives are revealed at the end.  They may change each time you play that scenario.

Those are some really interesting ideas. 

Under your objective idea, you should at least know what your objectives are, but only listed in the scenario briefing.

1: take and hold the crossroads at next 1234
2: take and hold the Chateau Fromage
3: etc, etc

Also I would love to see a system where you get points each turn you hold an objective.  The old V for Victory series games did it this way.  Was really a nice system.
04-21-2020, 03:29 AM,
RE: Replays
(04-21-2020, 02:45 AM)Hawk Kriegsman Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 02:04 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: My 2 cents is they shouldn't even have replays or at least make replays an optional rule.  Whoever is working the games in the future.  No commander would have that much information in that short amount of time, what, 2-5 minutes? 

Those are some really interesting ideas. 

Under your objective idea, you should at least know what your objectives are, but only listed in the scenario briefing.

1: take and hold the crossroads at next 1234
2: take and hold the Chateau Fromage
3: etc, etc

Also I would love to see a system where you get points each turn you hold an objective.  The old V for Victory series games did it this way.  Was really a nice system.

Each side could have a set of objectives not knowing the other side's.  Some might be the same with a couple that are not.  They could change every game so a scenario keeps you guessing rather than getting stale.  My mind wanders a lot.
04-21-2020, 05:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-21-2020, 05:24 AM by Scud.)
Why thanks, you're making me blush and it's my pleasure, I'm here to serve. 

The Viet Nam game will have dynamic objectives. I don't know enough to be the one to try explaining how they work, but I know, for instance, that the value of a vhex can go up or down over time. Interesting idea, I think. Viet Nam and then EFIII will have that feature, but Jason will have to go into more details. I've seen some other ideas they're working on, too, that look pretty good. 

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
04-21-2020, 08:49 AM,
Yes, there are dynamic objectives within the CS Vietnam. 

The most important changes regarding objectives in CS Vietnam are:

1. The default one value for all is still there. 

2. They can be dynamic, for each side. An objective may be worth 10 for Side A (per turn) and 0 for Side B for the first 20 turns and then all of a sudden the objectives is now worth 50 for Side B for the remainder of the game. There are many combinations of this. 

3. They maybe worth 1/1 for the entire game, but each side may gain extra Event Points when they capture it (once, or multiple times) 

4. In many cases, the scenario will have little to do with the objectives at all, it is all about the mission. Complete the mission that is stated in the turn one SMEAC for each side and you should win the scenario.
Send this user an email
04-21-2020, 05:33 PM,
Thank you indeed, Dave! Also my sincere thanks to all you fine gentlemen who make this place what it is Wine
Visit us at CSLegion.com