• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Amazing, but true?
04-13-2020, 06:55 AM,
RE: Amazing, but true?
Well Dave, and others, I'd be more than happy to demonstrate the weakness of Tigers and TigerIIs against the Hordes of Evil, lead by your most Gracious, Devil... Even your most devoted webmaster, Raz, has suffered the embarrassment... no mater what game, you only get 2 shots., if that.. I'd bet $$ on Hawk knowing as well, Erik always was a sharper knife in the drawer.. ( shameless plug, my friend)
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2020, 09:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-13-2020, 09:39 AM by Hawk Kriegsman.)
Thanks Randy,

Hope fully I do not disappoint. 

The first and only American encounter with the Tiger I in France was on August 28,1944 when AA halftracks from the 486th AA battalion encountered 3 damaged Tiger 1's from the 503rd heavy tank battalion, that were loaded on railway flatbed cars at Braine, France.

Stay safe,

Erik
04-13-2020, 11:52 PM,
Ding ding ding! Cheer

Erik wins! Islander

Farmer

HSL
04-14-2020, 01:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-14-2020, 01:37 AM by Crossroads.)
(04-13-2020, 02:23 AM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote: Yes, the 37mm AA with two 50 cal's. Whistle

My ROEs state that you cannot overrun heavy tanks with half tracks only. Then again my ROE's never thought about half tracks versus trains? Helmet Wink

Dave, it got members thinking? Rolling Eyes

Farmer

HSL

So the Tank6 maybe got  Whip  within your ROE, then  Big Laugh

This was a good one Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com
04-14-2020, 09:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-14-2020, 09:02 AM by Schwerpunkt75.)
(04-12-2020, 05:19 AM)Scud Wrote: I recently learned that Americans only faced Tiger 1's in France one time. I never knew that. Though many AAR's reported clashes with Tigers, they were actually facing Panzer IV's. So, if indeed true, does anyone know the one exception? You'll never guess what went up against them.

Dave

Not surprised. There were only three units (101st SS Heavy Panzer Battalion, 102nd SS Heavy Panzer Battalion and 503rd Heavy Panzer Battalion) with Tigers in Normandy, and all three fought exclusively in the British sectors, where the ground was more conducive to armored warfare.
04-21-2020, 01:54 AM,
Not trying to stir any pots here but there are recorded instances such as the King Tiger vs. Pershing in whatever that town was...and I'll go out on a limb here and say the Panzer Lehr had more than one Heavy Panzer group attached during the war. I realize the Lehr fought both British and Yank formations so the when and who of it can be argued, but I believe several were destroyed during the initial bombing phase of Cobra.

Not lookin' for any fights here...feel free to edumacate my ignorant ass...;)

For me it's not all that significant...as the Panther was the better tank by far.
The game recognizes this by the way, it's reflected in their defense values.
Not to mention movement. The only place the Tiger or King gets their due is with long range firepower, which is pretty spot on IMO.

You'll find a late war scenario often treats those Tigers rather poorly.
04-21-2020, 01:56 AM,
Hey!
What about the one in Kelly's Heroes?
The Tiger commander who agreed to blow the bank doors to split the gold?
Yeah...

Next thing you know someone's going to tell me that was a fictional story...but what are the odds of Sutherland and Eastwood getting duped like that?
04-21-2020, 02:56 AM,
(04-21-2020, 01:56 AM)Dan Caviness Wrote: Hey!
Yeah...

Next thing you know someone's going to tell me that was a fictional story...but what are the odds of Sutherland and Eastwood getting duped like that?

I actually want the 321st armored to be created as a unit for the game please.  High morale and defense.  Not sure how you factor paint rounds. Rolling Eyes
04-21-2020, 06:00 AM,
(04-21-2020, 02:56 AM)Hawk Kriegsman Wrote:
Yeah...

I actually want the 321st armored to be created as a unit for the game please.  High morale and defense.  Not sure how you factor paint rounds. Rolling Eyes

That's right!  I forgot about the paint rounds!  Also the band music blaring from the loudspeaker as they rolled out of the railway tunnel to raise Hell with the Germans...I love that movie...

Just don't hit me with any negative waves Hawkman...;)
04-21-2020, 06:57 AM,
(04-21-2020, 06:00 AM)Dan Caviness Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 02:56 AM)Hawk Kriegsman Wrote:
Yeah...

That's right!  I forgot about the paint rounds!  Also the band music blaring from the loudspeaker as they rolled out of the railway tunnel to raise Hell with the Germans...I love that movie...

Just don't hit me with any negative waves Hawkman...;)

LOL!

The song in question was "All for the Love of Sunshine" by Hank Williams Jr.   The second song that began to play as the scene was ending was an instrumental version of  "I've Been Working on the Railroad".

Hey Big Dan, crazy..... I mean like, so many positive waves....maybe we can't lose, you're on!

This is CLK LMAO signing out.