• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Amazing, but true?
04-12-2020, 05:19 AM,
c_Question Mark  Amazing, but true?
I recently learned that Americans only faced Tiger 1's in France one time. I never knew that. Though many AAR's reported clashes with Tigers, they were actually facing Panzer IV's. So, if indeed true, does anyone know the one exception? You'll never guess what went up against them.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2020, 06:05 AM,
RE: Amazing, but true?
I may have to revise my half track personal ROE's? Read2

On second thought the ROE's are OK. Shocked

I'll let someone else guess. Though, the key is Americans facing Tigers in France. Helmet Rolleyes

Farmer

HSL
04-12-2020, 10:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-13-2020, 10:52 PM by Outlaw Josey Wales.)
Paras at one of the bridges in Normandy?
04-12-2020, 10:53 AM,
What kind of a crock is this Dave? 

What is the source for this comment?
04-12-2020, 11:31 AM,
(04-12-2020, 10:53 AM)Big Ivan Wrote: What kind of a crock is this Dave? 

What is the source for this comment?

Crock?! Well!
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
04-12-2020, 11:32 AM,
So far the only correct answer is Ed's...who didn't answer. I'm not sure what that tells us.
Send this user an email
04-12-2020, 01:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-12-2020, 01:10 PM by Big Ivan.)
Guess I didn't understand it. Sorry.
04-12-2020, 06:37 PM,
It was an AA Halftrack at least, wasn't it. So no need for anyone to change their Halftrack ROEs  Propeller Hat

Excellent and funny question, Dave. I don't claim any specific knowledge about this, just googled it.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
04-13-2020, 02:23 AM,
Yes, the 37mm AA with two 50 cal's. Whistle

My ROEs state that you cannot overrun heavy tanks with half tracks only. Then again my ROE's never thought about half tracks versus trains? Helmet Wink

Dave, it got members thinking? Rolling Eyes

Farmer

HSL
04-13-2020, 03:51 AM,
(04-13-2020, 02:23 AM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote: Dave, it got members thinking? Rolling Eyes

God forbid.  Big Grin

Fascinating. Never too old to learn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y2-5rNENTA

Dave
Send this user an email