• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question for panzer campaign stalingrad
05-12-2020, 05:27 PM,
RE: Question for panzer campaign stalingrad
(05-12-2020, 04:31 PM)Fhil Wrote:
(05-12-2020, 02:48 PM)Sharky Wrote:
(05-08-2020, 10:27 AM)Ethanjem Wrote: The company sized unit should be able to at least hold the 300 man unit off for a bit until you can get units up to help stem the tide.

so basically i should send as many unit from the city to the north for the time being ? tried again to assault but nothing at all, 1 killed in soviet side and that's it

one thing i don't get is rail mode. on another game i cannot put some unit on rail. they have full movement point and some others are already on rail. apparently there's a limit, but can't see it anywhere. the website say to go to parameter data but can't find it. at first a thaugh could not go on rail in forest hex but even in open country appear not to work. any tips ?

Try to scroll that parameter data file slowly, line by line, it´s for 1000% there. Somewhere within the first paragraphs is a line that says Axis Rail Capacity, Russian Rail Capacity. Cannot take a screenshot at the moment as I´m at work.

Also, while attempting to entrain another unit, I think there is an error message on the bottom left corner that should say Rail Capacity exceeded or something like this..

no i mean i don't find the parameter scroll itself, where is it located ?
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2020, 09:41 PM,
Press F4 or go to 'Help' on the toolbar....
05-13-2020, 08:46 PM,
(05-12-2020, 09:41 PM)CountryBoy Wrote: Press F4 or go to 'Help' on the toolbar....

there is no other way ? i have the max number but don't know where i am at the moment...

also, do you have the rules for the ZOC ? i could assault a position across a river at one point, was running tests, didn't save, on another try, i was forbiden to assault because can't do it in enemy ZOC, but i did it previously ! confused...
05-14-2020, 04:14 AM,
So lets assume your rail capacity is 10, if you cannot place a unit into rail more then somewhere on the map you have 10 units already in rail mode, if you scroll round you should be able to spot them, remember they might be part of a stack with other units?

To answer your specific ZOC questions you will need to post images, it is impossible to work out what you don't understand from your description.  Wink
05-23-2020, 04:56 AM,
https://ibb.co/F3sF0tz

not certain if it work but basically the unit i assaulted at one point was the one designated by red arrow. there is a medium bridge and a river separating it from german units.
05-23-2020, 04:59 AM,
also, generally in the series of this editor, is destroying a hq useful, or will another one just pop up ? what are the effects ?
05-23-2020, 02:40 PM,
Sharky, you have to be in travel mode to assault across the river. Your image shows the Germans deployed, so that may be it, can't tell from just the image.

Destroyed HQs come back if any subordinate units are on map still. However, they are disrupted. So there are benefits, but need to way your goals, etc.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
05-25-2020, 01:47 AM,
https://ibb.co/VS8CWb8

unchanged even in travel mode... but i'm pretty sure i did it once, du i need to lower the amont of defenders ?

also, for rivers in dark blue, like big river i guess, there's no way to cross without an ngineer bridge ? if i'm defending i can keep low quality troop across the river ?
05-25-2020, 02:39 PM,
Is it a marsh or swamp hex? The motorized type infantry can't move in, probably. They need to be on foot. Assuming no river between them, anyway.

As to rivers, you have to have a bridge or an engineer with boats for full hex rivers.
[Image: exercise.png]
05-26-2020, 08:24 AM,
If it is a medium bridge, then the armored infantry unit can not cross it or assault across it unless it goes "on foot."