• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question for panzer campaign stalingrad
05-27-2020, 12:51 AM,
RE: Question for panzer campaign stalingrad
damn, it's working !

should i always go on foot then when assaulting ?
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2020, 03:25 AM,
Depends on the terrain and unit type. No need to go on foot if not needed - you have to stack with the HQ to get vehicles back so best to avoid it if not needed.
[Image: exercise.png]
05-30-2020, 03:44 AM,
thanks for all the tips,

destroying hq disrupt the new hq or all subordinate units ?

also, to get a unit "isolated", how does it work ? i've isolated some, but in only one hexe, how to isolate large pocket ? all hexes need to be occupied ? if one hexe is not occupied but in ZOC does it work ?

Ricky, you french ? i am but never heard of a "garde de la toilette", is this true forum rank or a joke ?
05-30-2020, 04:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-30-2020, 05:03 AM by Ricky B.)
Sharky, a little tongue in cheek humor on my part, for my rank. I am not French, but learned a bit in school 45 years ago and then spent a few years hanging out at Campaigns-France, even played in a team game or two with the group. But my French is pretty weak, in particular spoken - I always said - je parle francais avec un accent terrible.

Destroying an HQ impacts just the HQ on its return, where it will be disrupted. Subordinate units are okay, from that perspective, outside of the impacts on their checks requiring the HQ.

To isolate multiple units, you have a have a chain of your units/zocs (most but not all units of zocs) free of enemy units, unbridged/ferried river hexes or map edges, around the group. In one Kharkov '42 campaign, it took a couple of tries to close the final gaps but I isolated probably one third of the Soviet forces in a giant pocket.

Regards
Rick
[Image: exercise.png]