• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

home or work
03-24-2020, 03:48 AM,
RE: home or work
Update, now my work place is shut till further notice.
Quote:Sir Winston Churchill said they were the "Finest Regiment in the world" The Gordon Highlanders ,
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2020, 01:55 AM,
I'm still working, I'm in trucking industry as a shop foreman, was told, we work until we drop.. Don't expect to get paid if you're not working either, unless you use your paid time off.
Wife and both my kids are working still, as well, all 3 of them @ Weis supermarket. Same deal, go home, use up your vacation and sick leave, if you want paid.

Sucks, but we'll keep on working and making a paycheck, just staying away from people, and washing our hands and ass..
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
03-30-2020, 02:56 AM,
Is your government or social services not helping you
Quote:Sir Winston Churchill said they were the "Finest Regiment in the world" The Gordon Highlanders ,
03-30-2020, 04:21 AM,
Looks like a week of sick time followed by two weeks of vacation. It will sustain my medical benefits.
After that it looks like unemployment and a loss of benefits.

I really do not want to wait for, or rely, on any government. That would be too much of a change to my life style.

Got my fingers crossed that the Governor reduces the restrictions and we can all go back to work.

Sucks for sure!

Farmer

HSL
03-30-2020, 05:27 AM,
(03-30-2020, 02:56 AM)Oldbones Wrote: Is your government or social services not helping you
   It seems the companies we work for have over 500 employees and that was one of the stipulations of the govt assist bill.. not covered.. Sure, unemployment is boosted, but then you lose your ins benefits, or you pay ridiculous prices thru the "cobra" programs.. We're just a part of that group that don't benefit from the aid.
At least, we think, we'll get stimulus checks.. that might offset a 2 week layover without having to burn into our savings.. but then, loss of the med benefits monster sticks it's ass in there again...
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
03-30-2020, 05:29 AM,
(03-30-2020, 04:21 AM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote: Looks like a week of sick time followed by two weeks of vacation. It will sustain my medical benefits.
After that it looks like unemployment and a loss of benefits.

I really do not want to wait for, or rely, on any government. That would be too much of a change to my life style.

Got my fingers crossed that the Governor reduces the restrictions and we can all go back to work.

Sucks for sure!

Farmer

HSL

You ain't kidding, Ed!  Be safe up there my friend!  If we get thru this mess, perhaps we'll grab a dinner at Busters again :)
03-30-2020, 08:38 AM,
It looks like in your country is not easy when it comes to health care or government assistance, here its NHS and we are supposed to be getting 80% of our income paid to us by the government until we get back to work.
Stay at home is the instruction from the government, Only go out to shop for food and medicine and you can go out to exercise once a day, stay away from others and. If your a key worker you can go to work, but do not do any non essential trips , no visits to friends or family.
03-30-2020, 09:29 AM,
(03-30-2020, 05:29 AM)RedDevil Wrote: You ain't kidding, Ed!  Be safe up there my friend!  If we get thru this mess, perhaps we'll grab a dinner at Busters again :)

My friend. I hope that good memory can be followed by many more good memories.

Farmer

HSL
03-30-2020, 09:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-30-2020, 12:31 PM by Scud.)
(03-30-2020, 08:38 AM)Oldbones Wrote: It looks like in your country is not easy when it comes to health care or government assistance, here its NHS and we are supposed to be getting 80% of our income paid to us by the government until we get back to work.
Stay at home is the instruction from the government, Only go out to shop for food and medicine and you can go out to exercise once a day, stay away from others and. If your a key worker you can go to work, but do not do any non essential  trips , no visits to friends or family.

Social services in the US, including affordable healthcare, is an ongoing political issue here and will be long after the current crisis ends. The government has passed several relief bills, including the most recent $2 trillion one, which will give every citizen making under $75,000 a year $1200 each, with an extra $500 if you have a kid. For me, retired, free money, but for most that's not much, especially if you lose your job or have no job to return to. It slopes off for workers making up to ~$95,000, with nothing for anyone making more. I think testing is now free, but if you have it and need hospitalization it's going to cost whatever your co-pay is. If you have no insurance and go to the hospital, they can't turn you away if it's life and death. In which case, everyone pays through the high cost of insurance premiums. Retirees have Medicare, but it's limited. I supplement mine (most do) and my wife's for around $10,000 a year. My heart goes out to people who don't have the means.

Oregon is now at 548 cases. My county only 13, with 1 death. Oregon's population is a little over 4 million and is the 9th largest state. By contrast, the island of Manhattan, is 1.6 million, with the entire city, all 5 boroughs, ~8 million. Still, Oregon is on lockdown.

Scary times.

Stay safe,

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
03-30-2020, 11:40 AM,
All scary stuff indeed!

Hospital care, being infected, survivability, cost to my pocket book? I don't give a flying fart! I busted my fanny for 37 years in the steel business. If there is anyone out there that thinks its easy working to make steel in a mill then call me. I will definitely set you strait! It is freaking dangerous!! In the time I have been in the mills, 5 people have died and countless injured. I came close once during an Electric Arc Furnace explosion. I remember that day like it was yesterday 28 years ago!

I figure I have lived a good life, tried to treat people like I want to be treated and always tried to find a happy median. At 65 I figure I am closer to my death than my birth because I doubt with the cigs, beer and bourbon intake I'll make 130 years, simple math. So there ya have it! It is what it is, right?

I have no children only a beautiful wife who I tried to make sure that she has enough money to survive without me.

Unfortunately that's more than my father could do with my mom, my brother and me before he passed when I was 10 months old in 1955.

So if anyone on this forum wants to whine, go talk to the power pole out at the road!

Time to suck it up and stop your complaining!! 

Stand up Americans! 

Deal with it boys and girls!

John