• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

home or work
03-23-2020, 04:39 AM,
home or work
So is everyone now stating at home or are some working like myself?
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-2020, 05:04 AM,
RE: home or work
Working, until told otherwise.
Quote:Sir Winston Churchill said they were the "Finest Regiment in the world" The Gordon Highlanders ,
03-23-2020, 05:20 AM,
My store was operating, with a "no customer allowed in" metric. We were doing well.
As of yesterday the governor made an edict that restricted "non essential business".
We closed and I am home.

Not happy with it but do not want to be fined or imprisoned either.

Farmer

HSL
03-23-2020, 05:21 AM,
I'm retired and holed up at home. My daughter works for Target in New York/New Jersey, so is in the thick of it. I constantly think of everyone we left back in the northeast, NY/NJ/CT/PA/MA/DE/MD. Oregon is so huge and contains so few people that it's only a minor concern. Total cases in Oregon is 137 as of yesterday, with four deaths, but the number is beginning to climb, naturally, as testing begins to ramp up. Better late than never I suppose. Four of the cases are in people ages 17 and younger, 4 are in 18- to 24-year-olds, 13 are in 25- to 34-year-olds, 41 are in 35- to 65-year-olds and 75 are in those 55 or older. My county, Yamhill, has four known cases.

Stay safe everyone. Take it seriously. Better to err on the side of caution. Stay home and play more games.  Smile

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
03-23-2020, 05:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-23-2020, 05:53 AM by zap.)
Funny i retired took up What was supposed to be a "part Time" job. Just to stay busy. Turns out I'm working avg. 50 hours weekly.  Also this work is considered essential. Transporting train crews back and forth to their trains. So we,re are in close contact. Have to keep the toilet paper moving. That age group thing worries me.
03-23-2020, 06:15 AM,
Luckily I have the ability to work from home.

So for now I am working from home.

For how long though?  Who knows.
03-23-2020, 06:43 AM,
We are shut down, home for now, just hope we are able to keep it.....
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
03-23-2020, 11:45 AM,
Working from home...going only a little crazy.
Mama likes it because I'm cooking again most of the time.
She took over the bulk of the cooking when she retired two years ago.
Now I'm home, and cooking most nights again.

Go to work one day a week to sign checks.
People and vendors have to be paid.
This will start to dry up as we work more from home, and don't purchase stuff...

I used to spend 4 hours a day in meetings.
Now I spend 4 hours a day on Zoom phone meetings.
I've come to the conclusion the phone meetings are worse.

Dave has right to be concerned about his daughter.
NY is ground zero again in the USA.
In California, the draconian measures have slowed this thing down...
Not happy about the draconian, but happy it's starting to show results.

Dale
03-23-2020, 09:18 PM,
I've been retired since July 2019. So I have been holed up mostly at home except for that occasional run to get provisions. The city of Ontario where I live west of Mansfield has been pretty quiet. 

The State of Ohio goes on "official" lock down/shelter in place at 11:59 PM today 3/23/20. Ohio has been taking steps all along over the past 3 weeks to try and close this thing down. Governor DeWine has been very proactive in getting things shut down and people separated. I use to work as a Quality Manager in a steel mill. But glad I'm done with that. Don't know if the steel business is considered essential for the short term. I assume for a long term it is. Just glad I don't have to work.

Ohio is at 351 cases or so as of yesterday. The age range is 1 to 92 with a median age of 51. There have been 3 deaths as of yesterday. The hot spot is Cuyahoga County (Cleveland) with 125 cases. But Franklin County (Columbus) and Hamilton County (Cincinnati) are into the double digits in cases. Ohio is the 7th most populous state in the Union with 11.7 million residents and I don't believe we have seen our peak yet. Crazy times for sure!

Stay in touch my friends and good luck to all of you!! Wink

John
03-24-2020, 02:52 AM,
Starting shift work tonight to limit contact with students/staff. Fortunately I work in a space where I control the access.
If people want in, a roll of toilet paper will get them in :P. My county was the last in the state to get a known virus case. I live in CT but the opposite side of the state from NY. The virus has slowly spread across the state from the counties adjacent to NY and moved east.