• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Demo new scenarios
11-15-2019, 02:59 AM,
RE: Demo new scenarios
Hello David,

Keep the PB titles coming, and I will keep buying them. Korean War would be one I would love to see.

All the best,
Travis
"Plans are nothing; planning is everything." Dwight D. Eisenhower
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2019, 04:06 PM,
Hi All,

Thanks for all the feedback. Probably Compass Roads feedback resonates most. We have provided a lot of gaming this year and old items have become shiny toys again (more on that in an upcoming WDS Blog post)!

We have definitely given you all a lot to visit and revisit.

The positive news is that our work is segmented currently; there are a number of Panzer Campaigns teams and Mike Avanzini, Rick Bancroft and myself are on Panzer Battles. There are ongoing projects with all.

My personal, big distraction has been all the updates/upgrades that Chad referred to. Rich Hamilton and I set out this year to try and update the whole JTS catalog and remove all legacy code (HPS for example). This included not just builds but decisions to update graphics and try and get things looking a little more palatable. We could always do more, but suffice to say all my time this year has been getting these updates coordinated and out. Its been a non trivial exercise for Rich and I - just go and check how many titles are on the JTS site!

My question was to ensure that another push into Panzer Battles was worth the additional time. There is always another Panzer Campaigns titles I would love to do but we want to keep all the series alive.

Finally, in terms of the time it takes to get Panzer Battles to market, its been in the order of 2 - 3 x an equivalent Panzer Campaigns. Much of that is mapping and the much more granular OOB that is required. It's also quite difficult to get 'accurate' platoon and company histories of various battles so researching for scenario creation is also very time consuming. The graphics load is also much higher as there are essentially six pieces of artwork for every one in Panzer Campaigns.

The positive news is that a lot of these things have been done already for the next Panzer Battles title (bless you Mike Avanzini!) so we don't expect a 3 year hiatus between North Africa and the next title.

Thanks again for all your feedback,

David

PS John, never knew you were a Kiwi! As an Australian, I have great respect for my cousins across the Tasman!
11-16-2019, 05:43 AM,
Thanks for the insights, David. Very pleasing to hear that work on PzB is ongoing, in spite of the disproportionate amount of work these titles entail. I guess it must seem to you at times that you have a thankless task. It is easy for those of us on the other side to forget that a very small number of people are putting in an enormous amount of effort. And I am sure many of the tasks are not just time consuming but mind-numbingly boring and repetitive. But your efforts are appreciated. Personally, until the last 12 months, I had not played PzC for years but now PzC and PzB are all that I play. This is no coincidence.  

And a fellow ANZAC, eh? That explains everything  Smile

John
11-21-2019, 09:01 AM,
(11-14-2019, 12:33 PM)Green Wrote: As a side issue, note that the following three scenarios initially had an error in the timing of Scheduled Reinforcements (1943 instead of 1941);

#410925_01 Perekop - Danilin Counters
#410925_01v Perekop - Danilin Counters
#410926_01 Perekop - Across the Tartar Ditch

This may have been fixed now if you re-download the Demo. If not, Rich Hamilton has provided me with revised versions which I can make available for download here, if needed.

I've just re-downloaded the demo and apparently the issue is still there. Can you provide the fix? Thanks.
11-21-2019, 10:14 AM,
(11-21-2019, 09:01 AM)All_American Wrote:
(11-14-2019, 12:33 PM)Green Wrote: As a side issue, note that the following three scenarios initially had an error in the timing of Scheduled Reinforcements (1943 instead of 1941);

This may have been fixed now if you re-download the Demo. If not, Rich Hamilton has provided me with revised versions which I can make available for download here, if needed.

I've just re-downloaded the demo and apparently the issue is still there. Can you provide the fix? Thanks.

No problem. I should have done it before.

Just extract to the scenario folder and overwrite the existing files.

[attachment=4837]
11-21-2019, 11:11 AM,
(11-21-2019, 09:01 AM)All_American Wrote:

Here are the latest versions.

David

Attached Files
.zip   Perekop_Updates.zip (Size: 12.77 KB / Downloads: 9)