• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Any of the old Leadeaters out there?
11-07-2019, 05:51 PM,
Any of the old Leadeaters out there?
I seem to remember seeing a history of the Blitz posted somewhere. As one of the original members of Leadeaters  back in the 90's (which I believe was a forerunner of the Blitz,) Id like to have another look at this but I cant find it if anyone can point me to it or would  like to repost it I would be grateful.

How many more of the original Leadeaters are still out there? In the real world I have managed to squeeze in an entire career and begun retirement in that time!  So I think we old originals deserve to be recognised by some sort of long service awardSalute6, according to the message boards counter I have been a member for a relatively short time but I have actually moved in, out and back again so this is an inaccurate reflection of my original joining date  Big Grin 

Whaddya think?

Any other originals out there?
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2019, 05:11 AM,
RE: Any of the old Leadeaters out there?
Sent you a PM  Wink
11-24-2019, 10:11 PM,
(11-07-2019, 05:51 PM)Embis Wrote: I seem to remember seeing a history of the Blitz posted somewhere. As one of the original members of Leadeaters  back in the 90's (which I believe was a forerunner of the Blitz,) Id like to have another look at this but I cant find it if anyone can point me to it or would  like to repost it I would be grateful.

How many more of the original Leadeaters are still out there? In the real world I have managed to squeeze in an entire career and begun retirement in that time!  So I think we old originals deserve to be recognised by some sort of long service awardSalute6, according to the message boards counter I have been a member for a relatively short time but I have actually moved in, out and back again so this is an inaccurate reflection of my original joining date  Big Grin 

Whaddya think?

I was a Leadeater  Helmet Rolleyes
11-24-2019, 11:47 PM,
I think I remember your name Phil, were you also a member of the Modern Battles Club when that was up and running?

..anyway welcome back.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
11-25-2019, 02:04 AM,
(11-24-2019, 11:47 PM)Embis Wrote: I think I remember your name Phil, were you also a member of the Modern Battles Club when that was up and running?

..anyway welcome back.

yes that was me ;  also member of naval battles club ,  American civil war club,  and American revolutionary war club.

Been around the block, but always come back to "the Blitz"   Mex Big Grin
07-07-2020, 05:43 PM,
(11-07-2019, 05:51 PM)Embis Wrote: I seem to remember seeing a history of the Blitz posted somewhere. As one of the original members of Leadeaters  back in the 90's (which I believe was a forerunner of the Blitz,) Id like to have another look at this but I cant find it if anyone can point me to it or would  like to repost it I would be grateful.

Whaddya think?

I am still checking in now and then, like every 3rd year maybe. This platform is still a part of me, reminding me of good things. 
I just checked I joined theblitz 2001 and my last played game was 2007. I played mainly Steel Panthers and Korsun Pocket, but started with TAO 2.40. I am on both ladders still, which I checked and saw many familiar names of good players. At some point I tried Combat Mission, but dont recall if I played any PBEM with it.
So not an original Leadeater, but quite Lead anyway.
I hope to start gaming here again, hopefully later this year.
07-08-2020, 08:59 PM,
(07-07-2020, 05:43 PM)Hellman Wrote:

Whaddya think?

I am still checking in now and then, like every 3rd year maybe. This platform is still a part of me, reminding me of good things. 
I just checked I joined theblitz 2001 and my last played game was 2007. I played mainly Steel Panthers and Korsun Pocket, but started with TAO 2.40. I am on both ladders still, which I checked and saw many familiar names of good players. At some point I tried Combat Mission, but dont recall if I played any PBEM with it.
So not an original Leadeater, but quite Lead anyway.
I hope to start gaming here again, hopefully later this year.

There must be something in the air, it's getting to be like old Home Week.  I remember playing Hellman in Steel Panthers, and certainly remember playing PK in Panzer Campaigns many times.  I was not in the Leadeaters Club, but joined the Blitz in 1999 when it was just starting out in on line gaming.  Embis is right, there used to be a history page that showed the genealogy of the Club, but I know that was back in the days when we literally updated the HTML pages by hand, and when the site was switched over to a more canned application that was one of the things that was lost (page hits on that were low as I recall since it never changed).  Anyway, the true history is us the players.

Paul