• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Any of the old Leadeaters out there? - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Parade Ground (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+--- Thread: Any of the old Leadeaters out there? (/showthread.php?tid=72913)

Any of the old Leadeaters out there? - Embis - 11-07-2019

I seem to remember seeing a history of the Blitz posted somewhere. As one of the original members of Leadeaters  back in the 90's (which I believe was a forerunner of the Blitz,) Id like to have another look at this but I cant find it if anyone can point me to it or would  like to repost it I would be grateful.

How many more of the original Leadeaters are still out there? In the real world I have managed to squeeze in an entire career and begun retirement in that time!  So I think we old originals deserve to be recognised by some sort of long service awardSalute6, according to the message boards counter I have been a member for a relatively short time but I have actually moved in, out and back again so this is an inaccurate reflection of my original joining date  Big Grin 

Whaddya think?

Any other originals out there?

RE: Any of the old Leadeaters out there? - Mr Grumpy - 11-08-2019

Sent you a PM  Wink

RE: Any of the old Leadeaters out there? - PK Powers - 11-24-2019

(11-07-2019, 05:51 PM)Embis Wrote: I seem to remember seeing a history of the Blitz posted somewhere. As one of the original members of Leadeaters  back in the 90's (which I believe was a forerunner of the Blitz,) Id like to have another look at this but I cant find it if anyone can point me to it or would  like to repost it I would be grateful.

How many more of the original Leadeaters are still out there? In the real world I have managed to squeeze in an entire career and begun retirement in that time!  So I think we old originals deserve to be recognised by some sort of long service awardSalute6, according to the message boards counter I have been a member for a relatively short time but I have actually moved in, out and back again so this is an inaccurate reflection of my original joining date  Big Grin 

Whaddya think?

I was a Leadeater  Helmet Rolleyes

RE: Any of the old Leadeaters out there? - Embis - 11-24-2019

I think I remember your name Phil, were you also a member of the Modern Battles Club when that was up and running?

..anyway welcome back.

RE: Any of the old Leadeaters out there? - PK Powers - 11-25-2019

(11-24-2019, 11:47 PM)Embis Wrote: I think I remember your name Phil, were you also a member of the Modern Battles Club when that was up and running?

..anyway welcome back.

yes that was me ;  also member of naval battles club ,  American civil war club,  and American revolutionary war club.

Been around the block, but always come back to "the Blitz"   Mex Big Grin

RE: Any of the old Leadeaters out there? - Hellman - 07-07-2020

(11-07-2019, 05:51 PM)Embis Wrote: I seem to remember seeing a history of the Blitz posted somewhere. As one of the original members of Leadeaters  back in the 90's (which I believe was a forerunner of the Blitz,) Id like to have another look at this but I cant find it if anyone can point me to it or would  like to repost it I would be grateful.

Whaddya think?

I am still checking in now and then, like every 3rd year maybe. This platform is still a part of me, reminding me of good things. 
I just checked I joined theblitz 2001 and my last played game was 2007. I played mainly Steel Panthers and Korsun Pocket, but started with TAO 2.40. I am on both ladders still, which I checked and saw many familiar names of good players. At some point I tried Combat Mission, but dont recall if I played any PBEM with it.
So not an original Leadeater, but quite Lead anyway.
I hope to start gaming here again, hopefully later this year.

RE: Any of the old Leadeaters out there? - Steel God - 07-08-2020

(07-07-2020, 05:43 PM)Hellman Wrote:

Whaddya think?

I am still checking in now and then, like every 3rd year maybe. This platform is still a part of me, reminding me of good things. 
I just checked I joined theblitz 2001 and my last played game was 2007. I played mainly Steel Panthers and Korsun Pocket, but started with TAO 2.40. I am on both ladders still, which I checked and saw many familiar names of good players. At some point I tried Combat Mission, but dont recall if I played any PBEM with it.
So not an original Leadeater, but quite Lead anyway.
I hope to start gaming here again, hopefully later this year.

There must be something in the air, it's getting to be like old Home Week.  I remember playing Hellman in Steel Panthers, and certainly remember playing PK in Panzer Campaigns many times.  I was not in the Leadeaters Club, but joined the Blitz in 1999 when it was just starting out in on line gaming.  Embis is right, there used to be a history page that showed the genealogy of the Club, but I know that was back in the days when we literally updated the HTML pages by hand, and when the site was switched over to a more canned application that was one of the things that was lost (page hits on that were low as I recall since it never changed).  Anyway, the true history is us the players.

Paul