• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Missing images in original graphics in AoR?
11-04-2019, 08:07 AM,
RE: Missing images in original graphics in AoR?
(11-04-2019, 03:43 AM)76mm Wrote: Heh, having just bought the game, I clicked on the second scenario from the top:  410624 Rossenie (North).  I tried attaching a screenshot, but the max file size is too small, so it didn't work...

[EDIT] BTW, I just checked the scenario that you mentioned, and have the same problem.  Maybe you are seeing Pzkw IIIs because they were installed with an older version of the game.  I just bought the new one, so no old graphics to fill in the blanks.  Kind of disappointing...

Interesting ... I'm sure what Mike wrote had to have been the case ...   I can get you the older files 3d vehicles (AOR) if you want to play around with those; just let me know.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2019, 02:04 PM,
Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll hold off for now.
11-05-2019, 07:18 AM,
Well, even with the old ones, you would have to run all the old files, since the id for the graphic is the same for 2D/3D. I'm really sorry guys, but we never would have gotten an update out if we had done 3D as well. Rest assured it is in the plan, just not right now. I am super excited to start on it, but will be awhile.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
11-05-2019, 07:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-05-2019, 07:36 PM by -72-.)
(11-05-2019, 07:18 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Well, even with the old ones, you would have to run all the old files, since the id for the graphic is the same for 2D/3D. I'm really sorry guys, but we never would have gotten an update out if we had done 3D as well. Rest assured it is in the plan, just not right now. I am super excited to start on it, but will be awhile.

Sure- you put in place holders for the stuff that doesn't matter -and replace as you feel the need to (assuming that someone is using your new files). Not an overly big deal really.
Send this user an email
12-01-2019, 10:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-01-2019, 10:16 AM by bigus.)
(11-04-2019, 03:10 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Yes, I didn't do anything with the 3D vehicles yet, they are all stock, but the graphic number might be different now, because the 2D/3D share the same reference slot in each sheet, the new graphics sheet is way bigger now, so the 3D will need to be expanded as well, I just don't have time right now, they are much more difficult, and am up to my kneck with the same thing right now for Matrix/Slitherine. So I'm sorry, but for awhile they will be unfinished, unless someone else jumps in, there are 6 facings for each graphic, and they are a mess, very sloppy, I started to clean up the RV sheet, so look at the Tiger, Panther, and a few others in RV to see what lies ahead!

My rant.....
I'm sorry but " I just don't have time right now" should not be an excuse.
AOTR should never have been updated if it wasn't finished.
I feel sorry for JT's new customers that can't play a game with blatant holes in the graphics.
I don't see why you couldn't release the graphics and then update the nations later.

Just my 2 cents.
Overall the graphics update was good but an incomplete update is not.
12-01-2019, 01:11 PM,
No-one else is stepping up to the graphics plate, I work full time and also work for Matrix, I was doing JTS a favor by helping out, I don't work here full time. Have you even looked at the 3D graphics sheet, well, I also added over 134 ROWS more of stuff, so not just a little work to do! A lot of those 3D graphics weren't the right ones as it was. Graphics guys are in short supply, you want the job? They wanted the updates by a certain time, and the 2D was the easiest to do, all the graphics needed work, so I had my hands full.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

12-01-2019, 01:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-01-2019, 02:35 PM by bigus.)
(12-01-2019, 01:11 PM)Warhorse Wrote: No-one else is stepping up to the graphics plate, I work full time and also work for Matrix, I was doing JTS a favor by helping out, I don't work here full time. Have you even looked at the 3D graphics sheet, well, I also added over 134 ROWS more of stuff, so not just a little work to do! A lot of those 3D graphics weren't the right ones as it was. Graphics guys are in short supply, you want the job? They wanted the updates by a certain time, and the 2D was the easiest to do, all the graphics needed work, so I had my hands full.

I'm not questioning your dedication to the series. In fact I appreciate it.
I'm saying that the AOTR update should have been graphics update only.
Your additions are great but the additional nations should have been added later as an update... but right now they're not complete.
This makes the update broken.....

Cheers,
12-02-2019, 10:32 AM,
Just an FYI, a good half or more of the SB titles don't have 3D at all, I see why, too much work to maintain them. I have all of them, and can say for certain the above. Still sorry about AoTR, but just wanted to let you know that about the other ones as well.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue