• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Missing images in original graphics in AoR?
10-25-2019, 12:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-25-2019, 03:10 PM by gabeeg.)
Missing images in original graphics in AoR?
Is anybody else missing some images in the new update of Advance of the Reich when using the original graphics (that were zipped in the Notes folder)?   I seem to be missing the image for the Tauchpanzer III and MP-40 so far...

.jpg   Screenshot - 10_24_2019 , 7_29_19 PM.jpg (Size: 172 KB / Downloads: 16)
Quote this message in a reply
10-26-2019, 10:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-26-2019, 10:46 AM by Warhorse. Edit Reason: Clarification )
RE: Missing images in original graphics in AoR?
I am sure it's because the new graphic is in a larger, much larger icon sheet, therefore using a different number. I added a ton of graphics, necessitating the need to give units new numbers and such. Unfortunately to use the original graphics, means most likely using also the original dat files....

EDIT-the new vehicles sheet is twice as big as the old one, same goes with weapons sheets.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
10-26-2019, 06:41 PM,
Ah, makes sense thanks for the info. ...and going back to the old dat files...along with the old image files will negatively effect any new or revamped scenarios that expect the new files I presume.
10-26-2019, 09:48 PM,
Yes sir they would. I have them if you really want them, but that's up to you.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

10-27-2019, 07:51 AM,
(10-26-2019, 10:41 AM)Warhorse Wrote: I am sure it's because the new graphic is in a larger, much larger icon sheet, therefore using a different number. I added a ton of graphics, necessitating the need to give units new numbers and such. Unfortunately to use the original graphics, means most likely using also the original dat files....

EDIT-the new vehicles sheet is twice as big as the old one, same goes with weapons sheets.

Are there plans to update the 3D Vehicles as well?
There seems to be missing units in the 3D views.
10-27-2019, 08:02 AM,
Yes, I do, but it will be some time, they are a lot of work. There are six images per vehicle/gun, and they are very bad, I do graphics for Matrix, same kind of graphics, but the SB series ones are a larger format. Please be patient, a lot to do!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

11-02-2019, 07:38 PM,
In AoR, the 3D view of a Pzkw III E shows...a sherman. I understand if it will take some time to complete everything, but in the interim is there a way to fix glaring issues like this?
11-03-2019, 11:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-03-2019, 11:28 PM by -72-.)
(11-02-2019, 07:38 PM)76mm Wrote: In AoR, the 3D view of a Pzkw III E shows...a sherman.  I understand if it will take some time to complete everything, but in the interim is there a way to fix glaring issues like this?

410702: Borizov (Center).scn has Pz IIIEs all over the place -- and they look like IIIs to me (in the 3D) ... it might be something in the oob file for the specific scenario that you were running.

I didn't see that the updated files came with 3Dvehicle files - so those would still be from the original stock, maybe, at this point.   Just wondering which scenario that you were seeing this in - as you piqued my interest now.
Send this user an email
11-04-2019, 03:10 AM,
Yes, I didn't do anything with the 3D vehicles yet, they are all stock, but the graphic number might be different now, because the 2D/3D share the same reference slot in each sheet, the new graphics sheet is way bigger now, so the 3D will need to be expanded as well, I just don't have time right now, they are much more difficult, and am up to my kneck with the same thing right now for Matrix/Slitherine. So I'm sorry, but for awhile they will be unfinished, unless someone else jumps in, there are 6 facings for each graphic, and they are a mess, very sloppy, I started to clean up the RV sheet, so look at the Tiger, Panther, and a few others in RV to see what lies ahead!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

11-04-2019, 03:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-04-2019, 03:45 AM by 76mm.)
Heh, having just bought the game, I clicked on the second scenario from the top:  410624 Rossenie (North).  I tried attaching a screenshot, but the max file size is too small, so it didn't work...

[EDIT] BTW, I just checked the scenario that you mentioned, and have the same problem.  Maybe you are seeing Pzkw IIIs because they were installed with an older version of the game.  I just bought the new one, so no old graphics to fill in the blanks.  Kind of disappointing...