• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Missing original graphics in Eagles Strike update?
01-09-2020, 04:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-09-2020, 04:37 PM by gabeeg.)
RE: Missing original graphics in Eagles Strike update?
I am also a fan of the older unit graphics. I just want to throw this out there form another thread from Warhorse:

"I am sure it's because the new graphic is in a larger, much larger icon sheet, therefore using a different number. I added a ton of graphics, necessitating the need to give units new numbers and such. Unfortunately to use the original graphics, means most likely using also the original dat files....

EDIT-the new vehicles sheet is twice as big as the old one, same goes with weapons sheets."

So at least for some SB titles it will be more complicated than just replacing the new files with the older graphic files but also replacing the new dat files with the old dat...which means any scenarios using new units that have been added in the update (or in the future) will not appear or appear properly (or cause errors?) if using the older graphics (existing images maybe incorrect as well depending on the changes). Someone would need to create new "old style" unit/vehicle graphic files.
(Warhorse, if you read this...can you confirm that I'm correct?)

If there are updated SB titles that have *not* had the unit graphics expanded or re-numbered then replacing the new graphics files with the old should work just fine, and all scenarios should work just fine.

It is unfortunate, hope there is a solution...but that is going to take some work by someone.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Original Eagles Strike Graphics - by Compass Rose - 01-05-2020, 04:40 AM
RE: Missing original graphics in Eagles Strike update? - by gabeeg - 01-09-2020, 04:35 PM