• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Missing original graphics in Eagles Strike update? - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Squad Battles (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Missing original graphics in Eagles Strike update? (/showthread.php?tid=72886)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Missing original graphics in Eagles Strike update? - gabeeg - 10-25-2019

I updated Eagles Strike and some other SB titles and I like some of the original graphics so with the other titles there is a zip in the Notes folder with the old graphics.   For Eagles Strike this zip is missing...at least for me...am I blind or can someone confirm?

RE: Missing original graphics in Eagles Strike update? - Compass Rose - 10-25-2019

I can confirm that you are blind.... Propeller Hat  Jester

Its in there.

In mine, the zip file is named "ES-orig-graph"

RE: Missing original graphics in Eagles Strike update? - gabeeg - 10-25-2019

(10-25-2019, 12:34 PM)Compass Rose Wrote: I can confirm that you are blind.... Propeller Hat  Jester

Its in there.

In mine, the zip file is named "ES-orig-graph"

LOL I can claim it's my sight but we all know its my mind.  Pretty sure it's a conspiracy to knock loose my last marble.   I just reinstalled (repair) using the 1.06 installer...still no ES-orig-graph...and I took a screenshot.  I do have "ES Frozen" ...but no ES-orig-graph.  My theory at this point is Rich has a "special" installer for "certain" customers.

RV and AoR did contain the folder...just not my ES.  See screenshot
[attachment=4829]

RE: Missing original graphics in Eagles Strike update? - Compass Rose - 10-25-2019

You must have the "special edition" Harry, as I have the ES-orig-graph zip but I do not have the Frozen zip!   Twilight Zone

When these updates first came out for testing, I did a fresh install and then loaded the test files.

When these updates went official, I did not do a fresh install; I just loaded the new official updates, as doing a fresh install with a CD is real painful these days, compared to the newer releases that come as a download.

I have no way of checking to see if the ES-orig-graph zip was in the the test zip as the link is not good anymore.

RE: Missing original graphics in Eagles Strike update? - Warhorse - 10-26-2019

Check in the main game directory, is it by chance in there!? That's where mine is, I might have uploaded it to Rich wrong!

RE: Missing original graphics in Eagles Strike update? - gabeeg - 10-26-2019

Yeah, it's not in the root of eagles strike (nor any of the sub-folders for that matter). I uninstalled yesterday and did a clean install (in case the installer repair was not clean enough) and still no es-orig-graph love. The only .zip was the "Frozen" archive in Notes. Nobody else seems to be reporting it though...could be I got an odd installer?

RE: Missing original graphics in Eagles Strike update? - Warhorse - 10-26-2019

email me please, I can get it to you.

RE: Missing original graphics in Eagles Strike update? - PijusMagnificus - 10-26-2019

(10-26-2019, 06:51 PM)gabeeg Wrote: Yeah, it's not in the root of eagles strike (nor any of the sub-folders for that matter).  I uninstalled yesterday and did a clean install (in case the installer repair was not clean enough) and still no es-orig-graph love.  The only .zip was the "Frozen" archive in Notes.  Nobody else seems to be reporting it though...could be I got an odd installer?

It is also missing in my installation.

RE: Missing original graphics in Eagles Strike update? - Hoplite1963 - 10-27-2019

(10-26-2019, 11:37 PM)PijusMagnificus Wrote:
(10-26-2019, 06:51 PM)gabeeg Wrote: Yeah, it's not in the root of eagles strike (nor any of the sub-folders for that matter).  I uninstalled yesterday and did a clean install (in case the installer repair was not clean enough) and still no es-orig-graph love.  The only .zip was the "Frozen" archive in Notes.  Nobody else seems to be reporting it though...could be I got an odd installer?

Spotted the same problem with the Demo, although also that the Falkland's and Modern War titles are ok.

RE: Missing original graphics in Eagles Strike update? - Tintin87 - 12-29-2019

(10-27-2019, 02:05 AM)Hoplite1963 Wrote:
(10-26-2019, 11:37 PM)PijusMagnificus Wrote:

Spotted the same problem with the Demo, although also that the Falkland's and Modern War titles are ok.

I have the same problem. The orginal files are missing. Is there a way to have it ?
Thanks !